Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > General Search Engine Marketing Information
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 8th August 2012, 06:04 AM   #1
lile6666

Default Which Is The Best Link Building Strategy?

Hello, Members,,

I am doing SEO on my website on my own with all the tools available to me. However, I am slightly confused about which is the best and the fastest strategy to get the highest ranking in search engines. I have limited resources and hence I was to dedicated all my efforts and time for a technique that can bring me best results. Thus, I want to know from which is the best linkbuilding technique in SEO? I know that backlinks are the backbone of SEO and hence I would like to know which is the best technique of all?

lile6666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 8th August 2012, 11:05 AM   #2
torka

Location: Triangle area, NC, USA, North America, Earth (usually)

Search Engine Guide Blogger

First off, SEO is not a fast route to success. Real SEO takes time. So asking which technique will get you fast results is asking the wrong question.

Second, there's no such thing as a one-size-fits-all "best" tactic for link acquisition. Anyone who tells you without reservation that there's one technique superior to all others in all situations has essentially just revealed they know nothing about SEO. (Regardless of how much they may proclaim themselves to be a "guru" or "expert.")

In general, you want to get links from high quality sites. So, don't waste your time pursuing links from places such as free-for-all directories that nobody ever visits, or blog networks full of spammy "spun content" blogs.

In order to attract these good quality links, you have to have something worth linking to. So the first step is to make sure you've got awesome content. Unique, interesting, informative, entertaining... not just a bunch of "spun" articles, stuff downloaded from some article directory and cut-and-paste copies of product vendor information.

Then, it's best if your inbound links come from pages that your target audience will actually visit and see. That way, they can deliver you direct traffic as well as SEO benefit -- and that direct traffic can help sustain you in the event the SEO benefit ever goes away for whatever reason.

So target sites that serve the same demographic you want to reach. This means you'll have to put some time into doing specific research related to your market. You probably won't find a handy-dandy list of "good" sites to get links from just waiting out there for you.

Finally, if the pages you get links from truly are high-quality and generate direct traffic for your site, you'll find you probably don't need as many of them as you might have initially thought. The people who say you need thousands of incoming links only believe that because the links they get are generally of such low quality, it takes a ton of them to make any difference. When you have good quality links, it usually doesn't take thousands to get you the traffic your site needs to be successful.

How to tell if your links are high quality? If they were easy and free, it's almost certain they are not high-quality. Good quality links are costly -- either in money or in the effort it takes to acquire them (or both).

I know this sounds like a lot of hard work. That's because it is. SEO done the right way is not easy, and isn't supposed to be.

--Torka

Old 8th August 2012, 06:22 PM   #3
Jim Collins

The best strategy seems, in lose terms, not to have a strategy.
According to some SEs you should not be doing SEO at all. Funny right?
What the new consensus suggests is that you talk to your customers naturally, engaging them in conversations. This should include social media quite a bit. Make them talk about you and you'll get a reputation.
SEs are trying to shift your mind from backlink obsession to popularity obsession.
Make sure you have a blog and engage people on many channels, without spamming them or always pitching your product. That is only going to turn them off.

Old 4th September 2012, 09:51 AM   #4
AdamMBSmith

Be awesome and market yourself in communities.
The best sites are the ones people chose to link to, not the ones that bought tons of links.

AdamMBSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2012, 09:18 AM   #5
romnickhudges

The best link building method is building links naturally without your intention to manipulate one's site in order to get what you want. There are tons of ways to get good traffic and be visible in search engines though you cannot get what you are aiming for in just a short period of time. SEO is not the fastest way to online success and if you really want great result you have to work hard for it and it takes time.

romnickhudges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2012, 09:40 PM   #6
Hampers
VIP Contributor

Default Work a little on each strategy over time

My SEO strategy is to approach and try each suggestion as it presents itself and see how things go.

By being open to new ideas and not having SEO completely dominated by a particlouar strategy, I feel it offers diversification and this cannot hurt in the eyes of the search engines.

If you do one strategy over and again it looks unnatural and cannot help you long term.

So mix it up a bit.

Hampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2012, 07:09 PM   #7
Bo_Manry

If anyone knew the best strategy, and knew how to get their rankings up fast, they would be a very wealthy person. Not only that, but the algorithms would change, and your site would crash down the rankings. The key is to not put all your eggs in one basket. That way when the algorithms do changed, you won't be affected as much.

Bo_Manry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2012, 03:47 PM   #8
donovanjames786
VIP Contributor

Here are some of what works for me... link building strategies that works to others sometimes don't to others. But the bottom line is having high quality back link will always work.

1. Web 2.0 back links - go to sites like blogger, wordpress, livejournal, squidoo, hubpages and other authority web 2.0 sites. Create a blog that related to your niche and regularly update it at least once or twice a month and get back link from them. One way of building seo back bone.

2. Press release - One of the oldest link building technique that never outdated. Very effective way to get quality back link

3. Wiki Sites - Create a good content about your site and post it in wiki sites

4. Document sharing websites - Most document sharing websites are authority sites. Convert your articles into pdf or word document then submit. Many SEO and link builder don't use them.

5. Video sites - Create video and share to video sites, they will bring you traffic and back links

6. Related Niche Blog Commenting - Find blogs that related to your niche and leave real comment not spam like comments. Avoid those blog post that have to many comments made by spammers.

7. Image sharing - Share your pictures or images. Info graphics is very hot right now.

[b]8. Article directory Submission - Still works, just choose the top article directories

9. RSS Feed directory - One way to get back link fast, if your topic is interesting you will hundreds or thousands of syndication.

10. Guest Blogging - I put this at number 10 because I am not doing it my self, from time to time I am paying someone to do it for me. It takes weeks or month before getting one. But many big names in the SEO world believes that this is the most effective way to get quality back links.

That's my top 10

Old 2nd November 2012, 09:52 AM   #9
MikeConnar

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by lile6666 View Post
Hello, Members,,

I am doing SEO on my website on my own with all the tools available to me. However, I am slightly confused about which is the best and the fastest strategy to get the highest ranking in search engines. I have limited resources and hence I was to dedicated all my efforts and time for a technique that can bring me best results. Thus, I want to know from which is the best linkbuilding technique in SEO? I know that backlinks are the backbone of SEO and hence I would like to know which is the best technique of all?
Hello guys,

According to my point of view try to create backlinks form authority websites, .edu and .gov backlinks and also create backlinks from high PR website which can boost your keyword ranking in major search engine.

Thanks & Regards

Mike Connar

MikeConnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2012, 07:18 AM   #10
josh38

Start with some of the basic seo activities such as web dir and sbm for 1 month or so and then start doing other activities such as do article submission on some quality web site, find some communities web sites to submit your content, participate in form discussion of your niche, do company profiling of your website, it is a never ending process, i hope you got some basic knowledge about how to start...

josh38 is offline   Reply With Quote