Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > General Search Engine Marketing Information
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 8th May 2012, 09:07 AM   #11
JMac

I'm assuming the link in your signature is the site you're trying to rank for, so if that is the case I've got a bit of advice. The pictures are nice, but you need some text content on the homepage that will match your meta-keywords. No search engine actually uses meta-keywords anymore - they're more interested in the visible content of your page. The images should also have alt tags that are readable to people rather than a list of all your keywords.

Let's see, the location of the site probably isn't doing you any favors. I don't know much about WiX but I assume they provide free hosting and website building... unfortunately, being a third level folder on a big domain isn't going to get you much traction in the search rankings. Look for your own relevant domain to register and experiment with different content management systems of your own.

JMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 8th May 2012, 01:19 PM   #12
wynt

Default thankyou

ok cool thanks for the advice!

wynt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2012, 01:07 PM   #13
bizmaverick

If you use article marketing, you will need at least 40 well written articles (keyword optimized) before you start seeing results.

bizmaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2012, 02:11 PM   #14
garrett123

getting good rankings in Google is not as easy as it used to be. I own about 15 websites and my traffic got cut in half with the latest penguin update in April.

You need to get high quality links to your website in order to get rankings. Try asking your customers if you can cut them a deal on the price of your service in exchange for a link to your website.

Its also alot more important to be active in social media (twitter, facebook, G+)

And adding great content is essential for good rankings

garrett123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2012, 03:46 AM   #15
kayetaylor

I think you need to wait a little bit long, hmmmm... more than 6months i guess just keep on doing some SEO stuff and Link Building then you will see the result.

kayetaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2012, 07:05 PM   #16
fergusonwiny

Yes, adding back links may help.

Although by using more specific long tailed keywords in addition to the single commonly used words may help to bring your rankings up.

It would be a good idea to read the panda and penguin updates before committing to a new strategy.

Good Luck,

FW

fergusonwiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2012, 08:42 AM   #17
stefenm

Social networking sites only helps to get visitors & traffic for your website. For getting good ranking on the search engines for your targeted keywords then you have to collect quality backlinks for your website with your targeted keywords. So apply link building techniques with the white hat SEO optimization

stefenm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2012, 08:41 AM   #18
maxisxjay

It really depends on the website. I have a new site and it ranked #49 in Google US and got PR1 in just 3months. I'm using the same strategy as you. Just continue what you are doing and wait for the results. Just remember not to spam.

Regards

Old 15th November 2012, 12:12 PM   #19
donovanjames786
VIP Contributor

getting you keywords up is pretty slow process. So, keep working hard as you are doing a nice job and keep patience you will get result.

Old 20th November 2012, 10:38 PM   #20
D_Kotian

I have gained pagerank 1 in 2 months, you need quality of links to get good pagerank.