Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > General Issues > General Small Business Issues
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 27th August 2008, 09:32 AM   #1
Dale King
VIP Contributor

Exclamation Virtual Assistant: Questions And Answers

What's A Virtual Assistant?

A virtual assistant (VA) is an independent virtual office assistant who provides clerical, administrative, technical and personal support to clients from the VA’s remote virtual office. VA’s are very disciplined and able to work autonomously with minimal supervision. Virtual nature of business allows for flexibility to deliver products and services across a wide geographic area.

How Can A Virtual Assistant Help Me In My Business ?

In a nutshell, VA's free up your valuable time. By outsourcing routine office administration and personal tasks, you are able to focus on what you do best…marketing and growing your business - or simply enjoy the extra time to spend with family and/or pursue personal interests and hobbies. Click here to read the rest of this article.

Dale King

Dale King is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 18th September 2008, 10:54 AM   #2
Dale King
VIP Contributor

I can personally vouche for the integrity, excellence and quality service of http://InstantAssistant.net. I've used their outstanding services, and recommend them highly.

Dale King

Last edited by Dale King; 18th September 2008 at 10:59 AM.
Old 27th September 2008, 08:15 PM   #3
JKVirtualOffice

Send a message via Yahoo to JKVirtualOffice

Dale,
Thanks for taking the time to mention and highlight the work and value of Virtual Assistants. Outsourcing work to a Virtual Assistant in during this economy is especially a smart decision when you are not able to justify the cost or hassle of hiring an employee.

Of note as well, is that there are many who specialize in specific niches of services such as Internet Marketing services. These types of services can include online competitive market analysis, affiliate research, implementation and management, blog maintenance and assistance, tracking of web analytics information, set up and maintain social network profiles are among a few.

These types of activities can be extremely important and helpful to establishing, expanding and maintaining your online presence and credibility. There are Virtual Assistants such as myself who having specific specialty and expertise in these areas.

Finding a Virtual Assistant who is compatible with your personality, work style and business needs is especially important in order to for the client to get the most out working with a Virtual Assistant.

JKVirtualOffice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2008, 11:11 AM   #4
Dale King
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKVirtualOffice View Post
Dale,
Thanks for taking the time to mention and highlight the work and value of Virtual Assistants. Outsourcing work to a Virtual Assistant in during this economy is especially a smart decision when you are not able to justify the cost or hassle of hiring an employee.
No problem, Kimberly.

Thank you for your valuable contribution to this thread.

Dale King

Old 28th September 2008, 05:37 PM   #5
Karri

Search Engine Guide Blogger

I started my own practice as a VA and eventually moved to a consulting type model. But I'm still very connected to an incredible and inspiring community of VAs around the continent. The virtual assistance industry really is growing by leaps and bounds, not just because so many people want to work from home, but because there is a true demand for high quality "outsourceable" services.

I hire VAs all the time and even have one on monthly retainer. Best thing I've ever done for the growth of my business.

Yay virtual assistance!

Karri

Karri is offline   Reply With Quote