Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10th July 2007, 11:03 AM   #1
thejenn

Send a message via AIM to thejenn

Search Engine Guide Blogger

Default New Article - Advantages Of In-house SEO

Authored by: Manoj Jasra

Full Text: http://www.searchengineguide.com/jas...house_seo.html

A Snippet:

The search marketing industry is currently going through a transition phase in which many companies are considering bringing SEO in-house rather than relying on the services of 3rd party search marketing firms. With training from organizations such as the SEMPO Institute as well as the need for companies to have tighter integrations with online marketing efforts, the transition to in-house becomes a much more obvious choice.

Old 11th July 2007, 04:16 PM   #2
WebBizIdeas.com

Send a message via MSN to WebBizIdeas.com Send a message via Skype™ to WebBizIdeas.com

I think having in-house skills is a good idea, even if you intend to outsource. I also believe that SEO firms should put more effort into helping their clients to understand what they do.

Old 18th July 2007, 09:37 AM   #3
ash_work

Default Inhouse

In house may not be cost effective solution. A lot of content companies are actually offering SEO optimization these days. Check out Chillibreeze website.

ash_work is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2008, 06:11 AM   #4
EnergRecruitm

Default New Article - Advantages Of In-house SEO

Digital Surgeons delivers a comprehensive lineup of search engine marketing, web development, and SEO outsourcing services for the tri-state region of New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut. The area has long been home to the country's brightest marketing firms, advertising agencies, graphic design houses, and other high-tech and communications businesses. These established operations require only the best quality search engine optimization (SEO) and marketing professionals when looking for outsourcing partners to enhance the services offered to their clients.

EnergRecruitm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2008, 06:17 PM   #5
samiam123

what "SEMPO" stand for ?

samiam123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2008, 06:26 PM   #6
Logan
Administrator

Sempo = Search Engine Marketing Professional Organization

You can find the site at www.sempo.org

Old 12th December 2008, 07:44 AM   #7
Tom Lindstrom
VIP Contributor

Couldnīt read the article, the "puppy buried the page"

However, itīs funny how there are companies concentrating on SEO, when you actually donīt need to pay anything to get your site optimized and get the rankings from the engines.All you really need is a Wordpress blog with a plugin called "all-in-one-seo".

Tom Lindstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2008, 11:20 AM   #8
Cap001

Best advantage of in house SEO is working with all the other sections of the company ... IT , Graphics , Sales , Customer service ... to keep each other from shooting ourselves in the foot.

Cap001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2009, 05:02 PM   #9
bluejay47

It could definitely be an advantage, especially since someone working inside the company knows it better than an outsider, and can keep up with changes.

bluejay47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2009, 07:35 AM   #10
sdk1988
VIP Contributor

I took the first course from SEMPO when I didn't even know what a keyword was - great start. It really is dedication and I agree with Tom in regards to the blogs and plugin. It is great!

I have looked at a few of the "services" for SEO and am astounded at the costs on a monthly basis. I also agree that the insider information is great and to be around the buzz of what you are actually writing about is a real benefit.

sdk1988 is offline   Reply With Quote