Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Social Media
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 19th July 2011, 01:23 PM   #1
Rojae Braga

Send a message via Skype™ to Rojae Braga

Thumbs up Growing Your Social Media Numbers (Twitter Followers, FB Fans, Youtube Subscribers)

Hello Everyone!

This post was born out of a question that I (and I think most of us too) struggled to find an answer to. That is,
Quote:
How to increase your Twitter followers, Facebook Fans, & Youtube subscribers?
Aside from having quality content (we all know that should be the priority) but are there any other tools that we could use?

While searching for answers, I've come across these two web services.

1. Twiends
2. Social Clump

Twiends & Social Clump provide introductions to people looking to develop their social network on Twitter, Facebook and Youtube. It is a "seed" or "point" based system. You earn seeds by subscribing to Youtube channels, liking Youtube videos, following people on twitter, and liking FB pages, and vice versa. You can decide how many you want to offer per account.

I've taken time to make a comparative research between them, and of course have a first hand experience from it.

It had just been a day and a half since I've started testing them, and to my surprise I've already grew my social media numbers: hundreds of Twitter followers, Youtube views, likes & subscribers, and an even much greater Facebook fans.

Although I am still testing the waters, I'll already give it a !

I'd love to hear your experiences with these tools as well. Looking forward to that!

Last edited by Rojae Braga; 19th July 2011 at 02:08 PM.
Rojae Braga is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 19th July 2011, 03:56 PM   #2
Daniel_SendGOG

Is this pretty new? Have you gotten more followers/"likes" on your social media sites? Keep us posted

Daniel_SendGOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2011, 03:43 PM   #3
Rojae Braga

Send a message via Skype™ to Rojae Braga

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel_SendGOG View Post
Is this pretty new? Have you gotten more followers/"likes" on your social media sites? Keep us posted
Hi Daniel!

Yes, I believe it's pretty new especially Social Clump. I couldn't find any reviews for it yet.

And another yes for having more followers/"likes" on my social media sites.

Will keep you posted.

How about you? Do you know of other similar tools?

Old 20th July 2011, 06:39 PM   #4
TylerHutchinson

I do not agree with using these sites if you are going after a target market. These services give you general twitter people. You can narrow to a point, but much of it is just people trying to get the highest volume of followers.

If you are a business trying to get potential customers you should be using traditional methods to get unique and targeted customers.

Old 20th July 2011, 10:49 PM   #5
Kathy Long

I tried Social Clump today. Didn't really get it.

But Twiends is pretty clever. However, I don't really like following people just to get follows and it appears they only present certain people to you. On the page where you can see people with similar interests, whom I'd like to follow and get my credits, there are no follow links.

Why does that bother me? Because, while we all like followers, it's not the numbers; it's who they are. Research bears this out.

But beyond that, when all is said in done, it doesn't matter how many or who they are if you're not saying anything worth retweeting about.

Last edited by Kathy Long; 20th July 2011 at 10:52 PM.
Kathy Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2011, 09:13 AM   #6
Gary Barzel
VIP Contributor

I would suggest instead of going through another platform to interact with other users just to help boost your Social Media accounts, by doing the same thing with your own accounts will help boost your following. Take Twitter for example, just by tweeting things that you think are interesting won't help you gain a following. If you interact with other twitter users, and RT other people's post, answer questions, comment and socialize that will help you gain the most followers. The same goes for FB and all the other Social Media sites.

Gary Barzel is offline   Reply With Quote