Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Offline > General Offline Marketing
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 31st December 2008, 03:34 AM   #21
MooMan

I agree vehicle wraps are a very effective way of marketing your company and If you get something creative done it does really stand out and make people take note. I do think that advertising should be kept to company vehicles and family cars are just that separate from your business, you have to draw the line somewhere. A small window banner is ok at a push though.

MooMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 9th February 2009, 09:30 PM   #22
Coffee

Default Neat Idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewHealth View Post
If you have business cards, and also advertising on your vehicle, I would recommend you take a quick look at my website to see if a business card holder for the outside of your vehicle may be of interest to you.

It saves people the time of writing down your information - showing that you're a business owner looking for ways to accommodate your clients.
What a neat idea!

Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2009, 03:52 AM   #23
jenno

I am so interested in trying this out. Does anyone have any recommendations as to what service/printer to use for this?

jenno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2009, 10:27 AM   #24
Scott D.

I am blown away by some of these responses. My truck decals cost me $400 and have made me countless thousands of dollars. I have sent direct marketing pieces out that cost me $2000 and not made a single dime off of them.

Marketing is not a one avenue game. You need to wear shirts with your name, logo and website, vehicle decals, direct mail campaigns, radio ads, social networking pages, viral videos, refferal meetings, etc...

Of course some of these are expensive. Decals are not, and CAN be very effective, and to disocunt them because they MIGHT not work, is rediculous. Especially if you are in a service industry. Even if you are in a B2B company, people who own businesses drive cars too....

Scott D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2009, 12:07 PM   #25
USMCWIFE

I would like to know where you got your information about such advertising being tax deductible

USMCWIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2009, 04:29 AM   #26
DBeavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCWIFE View Post
I would like to know where you got your information about such advertising being tax deductible
Any expense related directly to a business operation is deductible from the business income, whether it is for office supplies, travel, advertising, telephone service, business miles driven in your personal vehicle, membership in the local Chamber of Commerce, etc.

The deduction reduces the amount of income you use to calculate your taxes, whether you are set up as a sole proprietor, LLC, or Sub-chapter S.

Reasonable and normal expenses related to the conduct of your business is always allowed as a deduction, whether home-based or in a business/office space outside your home.

Dennis Bevers

Old 13th May 2009, 03:02 PM   #27
PuppyFresh

Default Cool new business vehicle

Talking about advertising on vehicles - I just had a truly unique business opportunity the other day. I got a call that I thought was some sales call from Ford Motor Company asking me if I wanted a test drive of a new small business vehicle (although they assured me this wasn’t a sales call – so I decided to listen to their pitch.) They said they had a new vehicle called “Transit Connect” and they were offering me a test drive right from my business (I run a mobile dog grooming business in Long Island.)

I told them I wasn’t interested even though they said the vehicle isn’t even on the market yet and that sounded like an interesting opportunity. The girl was friendly – she offered to send me some information through e-mail in case I changed my mind and it had a link to find out more information about it. After reading through the information and visiting the website, my tune totally changed and I decided to schedule a drive at my business (since I don't have time to ever get to a dealership these days.)

I won’t go into all the details – but they are going to bring me a great van-type-thing that’s totally customizable for pretty much any small business you can imagine. Looks like it will replace my aging Chevy Astro and be a better “business front."

This is the link they gave me to find out more information http://www.fordvehicles.com/transitconnect/ - but use this link if you just want to get your personal test drive right away http://driveatransitconnect.com/

PuppyFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2009, 10:58 AM   #28
AndrewHealth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott D. View Post
I am blown away by some of these responses. My truck decals cost me $400 and have made me countless thousands of dollars. I have sent direct marketing pieces out that cost me $2000 and not made a single dime off of them.

Marketing is not a one avenue game. You need to wear shirts with your name, logo and website, vehicle decals, direct mail campaigns, radio ads, social networking pages, viral videos, refferal meetings, etc...

Of course some of these are expensive. Decals are not, and CAN be very effective, and to disocunt them because they MIGHT not work, is rediculous. Especially if you are in a service industry. Even if you are in a B2B company, people who own businesses drive cars too....
Wow, you summed up advertising strategies very well Scott. The more variety you can incorporate the better! Good to hear that your vehicle advertising has paid off - and then some.

Old 14th May 2009, 01:32 PM   #29
GWTofTN

I agree with some of the posts that it is about awareness and getting your name on the street. No I am starting a roof cleaning business and have a limited budget and I have purchased magnetic signs. Can't have someone drive by while I am spraying the roof and wonder what is going on. Later I am going to get vinyl done but after I get some money rolling in.

The other thing you need is something for them to remember. Now I clean roofs so I put my web site on the magnet along with the phone number and it is WashMyRoof.com. easy for them to remember if they can not write it down.

GWTofTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2009, 01:10 PM   #30
MarkyMarkNC

In the last three months, I've had three of my magnetic signs either lost or stolen. Don't know if they are falling off while I'm driving, or kids are stealing them at night, but it is yet another reason to get permanent vinyl instead. I'm picking up a new truck this weekend, and I already have the vinyl ordered. No more magnetic signs for me!

MarkyMarkNC is offline   Reply With Quote