Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 24th April 2013, 12:04 AM   #1
noahwilson
Banned

Default Social Bookmarking Not Helps Me. What About You.?

For a new site i started doing ON page work vigorously without using black hat SEO. The site started to rank for few keywords in top 10, 20 and 30.
After finishing ON page work i started to focus on Off Page work. I started to use social bookmarking submission for my site to get index as fast. But when i checked after a week for my site keywords which is already ranked by doing ON page is no where in Google.
I could experience only after i doing social bookmarking submission for my site. Since i can't get back my results.
Do you still think that social bookmarking helps in ranking the site.
Thanks.

noahwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 24th April 2013, 08:31 AM   #2
PatprecisionE
VIP Contributor

Hi Noah. As far as I know, social bookmarking still works. I try to do it regularly as part of my routine.

So you're saying that you're no longer ranking for those keywords you were initially ranking for? I believe I read somewhere that Google will give a boost to new websites, but that doesn't last forever. Can anyone else verify this?

PatprecisionE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2013, 10:33 AM   #3
SoftDev

It depends on the competition for which keywords are you looking for to rank up your site. Now a days seo is becoming more harder. You've to work virally, not only rely on Social bookmarking. For me social bookmarks still works, i use it to index my tier2/3 links.

Old 25th April 2013, 01:35 AM   #4
Handdy.com

Hi Noah,

Social bookmarking is still effective but it also depends on the kind of businesses. It is all about trying your hand at all methods and eliminating those methods that do not work for you.

Old 18th June 2013, 04:42 AM   #5
tonystark

It will never work until you are targeting primary keyword. Rather than, use keyword phrase instead of primary keyword.

tonystark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2013, 10:27 AM   #6
Babiesbase

Default Social bookmarking

It depends on the number of links your competitors have, if you have entered a very competitive field then it is going to take a long time to make any progress.

Babiesbase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2013, 05:37 AM   #7
adficientppcmgt

Bookmark helps me and it really works.

adficientppcmgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2013, 06:53 AM   #8
panthervision23
VIP Contributor

Either you are using keywords with lots of users or you submit your back links to low quality social bookmarking sites; or both. Either of the two can fail you.

panthervision23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2013, 05:17 AM   #9
Joe Micheal

If they are quality sites and allowing users to share links with unique contents then these sites work. Try to find out high PR quality social bookmarking sites. Avoid as much as low quality junk sites, they won't work.

Old 24th June 2013, 03:10 AM   #10
borgninestallon
VIP Contributor

I too experienced the same thing. I was doing SEO for a new project. I did complete ON page work with good content and keyword. After a week i could see my site keywords are ranking in 1st page. I felt happy. After that i started to do off page optimization, my keywords went back. I am very much in confusion what work i must do inorder to bring in top.