Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > General Online Marketing Information
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 3rd July 2014, 01:18 PM   #1
Live Safe Academy LLC

Default How To Create, Publish And Sell Webinars?

Hi Guys,

Let me start by saying that when it comes to technology I'm a lot like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y15NnGZIBuM

My goal is to create and sell online learning opportunities in the form of webinars. I can create the videos. But I'm not sure the best way to make the videos available / restricted to paying customers.

Here is what my primitive, monkey like brain is thinking:

1.) Upload videos to YouTube
2.) Make videos private
3.) Imbed videos on a login page on my website
4.) Then when people pay for access we add their email address to the video, which allows them to see the videos. Private YouTube videos are only visible to people on the share list vis email address of Google+ profile.

Now I know what you're thinking. Someone should take away my computer and put me back in the classroom teaching people about safety where I belong, and I agree. But none the less, I have to evolve. So can someone please tell me an effective, and cost effective way, to get webinars online so people can buy them? The more automated the process the better. The less involved I am in the mechanics of the purchase process the better.

Thanks guys. All help is much appreciated.

Live Safe Academy LLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 3rd July 2014, 02:11 PM   #2
Logan
Administrator

First, good idea. I think you can take it a long way if you get the technology ended in place. I don't have an instant solution, and maybe someone will jump in with one, but let me help you a little bit with organizing thoughts on what you need to accomplish.

1) You need to host videos on the Internet within a secure directory so that everyone can't get to them

2) You need to receive payment so someone can gain access to the above videos

3) You need to provide a login and secured web pages for the above people to view the videos within the directory

The above would allow me to go to your website. Provide payment. And login to view the videos you want to provide me in return for payment.

You should look over the above and refine to your requirements.

From there, as you define the project details then you will want to start to further define how you will go about accomplishing each step required.

For starters, hosting the videos with youtube you mention the following above

Quote:
Then when people pay for access we add their email address to the video, which allows them to see the videos. Private YouTube videos are only visible to people on the share list vis email address of Google+ profile.
I'm not familiar with how you are going to do that. But it sounds like a mess if you get 1000s of people signing up. Is this something you would have to do one by one, or is this something that can be automated?

First step. Hosting videos so restricted for paid access. This can be done by almost any hosting company (including probably the one you use). That is where I would start. Your current host and web provider are? Can they help?

Old 3rd July 2014, 06:38 PM   #3
Live Safe Academy LLC

Yes to everything you said, including your comment about YouTube. Thanks Logan.

Bottom line, I need to get past the technological hurdle of getting these webinars online so people can purchase them. I'm sure it's simple, I just don't know how.

Please advise. All input welcome.

Old 4th July 2014, 12:40 PM   #4
Live Safe Academy LLC

I'm looking at http://easywebinar.com/

Here is a useful guide:

http://www.smartpassiveincome.com/ha...-for-webinars/

Thoughts? Seems like the best option.