Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Blogs and Blogging
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 18th September 2009, 11:05 PM   #31
SBMarketingGuy

Sadly, you cannot just blog about something you are passionate about and expect to make money. You need to decide whether or not your are blogging for money or not.

If you are blogging for money, then you need to do the proper keyword research and then search engine optimize your blog and posts to rank for those keywords. The truth is some niches make more money than other niches, and you have to do the proper keyword research in order to determine what those are.

To make money at blogging you have to approach it through smarts, not brute force. Cranking out article after article blindly will get you no where. You should first determine what niches are profitable, use a software program like Market Samurai to do that. Next, find the most populat keywords within that niche and get your blog ranked for those phrases. Again, you can use Market Samurai. You will then, over time, get listed on the first page of Google. More Traffic From Google=Cash. Of course you'll have to do some backlink building in order get those rankings.

Alternatively, you can take the approach of Ramit Sethi or Tim Ferris and create killer content; guest blog and join blog carnivals, and hope that other bloggers are so impressed by you that they link back to you and drive traffic. Though this strategy is a long shot for most. Ramit site is www.IWillTeachYouToBeRich.com and Tim is at www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog

The other important factor is having an opt-in on your blog. Your list is a great source of money and allows you to connect with your readers on a whole new level. You will need an autoresponder such as Aweber. You'll also need the plug-in "FasterIM Opt-In" for Wordpress. This is probably the easiest way to install an opt-in box.

You can get more information on successfully setting up and promoting a blog at Blogging For Dollars.

Last edited by SBMarketingGuy; 18th September 2009 at 11:08 PM.
SBMarketingGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 6th March 2010, 07:41 AM   #32
georgechapman

One hundred dollars through AdSense? How long did it take for you to reach that amount?

Old 24th March 2010, 08:15 AM   #33
precious007

Send a message via Yahoo to precious007

Every niche is to be monetized in a certain way, hence google adsense is not the best option for every niche, in fact you might end up making $200 with over 200,000 unique visitors a month on your blog and that's just a waste of time.

Al.

precious007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2011, 07:40 AM   #34
andysmith

I am not a blogger myself, i think it is easy to get the earnings from the blogs that are higher ranked in search results.

andysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2012, 12:55 PM   #35
mohamednegm

I earned $0.5 from 2 years from the adsense

mohamednegm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2014, 07:16 AM   #36
AvniShergill

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper_one View Post
I don't think that it is really important what others are doing in volume. Just because some body earns a tremendous amount, we shouldn't conclude a thing. There are many factors to their individual success.

I've heard about a thirteen year old earning $800. first shot with a blog. You won't be able to do the same but I guess it is fun to discover this!!
I completely agree with you, it's not necessary if someone is earning good amount, then even you can make a good deal. It differs from person to person.

AvniShergill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2016, 09:14 AM   #37
lorencemerk

Not that much for now. So far I am earning like $5 a month because my blog is so new and I am thankful for that though it's very little.

lorencemerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2016, 08:32 AM   #38
LrenceM

Those earnings whether small or big are definitely an inspiration for everyone. If you are serious enough in earning big online by blogging you need to invest time and effort.

LrenceM is offline   Reply With Quote