Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Blogs and Blogging
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 8th December 2012, 04:17 PM   #21
Toshiba

I've been using Askimet for quite some time & I'll have to say that it does the job for me but just like everyone else is saying the good comments that are not spammy do tend to get caught up in the spam comment area sometimes.

If you're going to use it then you just have to check the spam section as well as the approved section of the comments area.

Toshiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 13th December 2012, 09:02 AM   #22
bambooh

Quote:
Originally Posted by torka View Post
Are you using Akismet? That stops almost all the spam I get.

--Torka
i have heard of it may be i will try, it

bambooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2012, 01:04 PM   #23
Financing101

Yeah, I will would also add that you should constantly look back at the comments that Askimet mark as spam because there tends to be valuable comments that get taken out.

Financing101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2012, 08:48 PM   #24
Bo_Manry

I can't remember what the plugin is called at the moment, but when you initially set up your site through Wordpress there is a couple plugins already downloaded, and one is for spam comments. This seems to work great for my personal sites.

Bo_Manry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2013, 04:13 AM   #25
roneidaselva

Default Too Much Spam In Blog

There is no need of plugin. WordPress has inbuilt setting-discussion and you can change the blog comment setting. Allow those visitors who have registered with your blog only.

roneidaselva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2013, 05:22 AM   #26
revaxmedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxisxjay View Post
Hey guys, I need your help. I have a web development blog and I get almost 200 spam comments each day. Can you suggest a good Wordpress plugin to stop or minimize spam. Thanks in advance.
Akismet is the best - free for private use or small donation for corporate. Works really well at deterring spam.

Old 27th February 2013, 01:02 AM   #27
zharlene

I agree with Yomi. Akismet occasionally filters out actual blog comments as spam. I remember commenting on one of my friend's blogs and they never received the comment. Then, they later told me that they found it under 'spam'. Which was really weird because I don't even comment on blogs often, and I certainly didn't even use that email address much. I had to write to Aksimet, telling them to remove my email address from their spam database because I'm not a spammer. They apologized and removed my email from their database.

Nevertheless, Akismet is top-notch. But I've stopped using the comment section on my blogs. I noticed that most people just use it to promote their own websites. I prefer using the Facebook comment API. You're more likely to receive comments from actual people instead of spam bots or spammers.

zharlene is offline   Reply With Quote