Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Ideas Forum Info > New Member Introductions
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2nd September 2015, 10:06 PM   #1
FinServeUSA

Send a message via Skype™ to FinServeUSA
Default Hey, I'm Jake And I'm The New Guy!

Hi Iím Jake

and I have a healthy obsession with growing companies!

It all started when I decided to drop out of Colorado Techís software engineer program and start my own IT company.

Actually; hold that thought, Let me rewind a little further back in life before I found technology.

I was 19 when I started to study print advertising and ways to generate leads. I was trying to figure out a way I could generate leads with the Lansing State Journal which is a newspaper company in downtown Lansing Michigan.

I was working for a mortgage company at the time and was sick of being told ďI should cold call if I wanted to make the big bucks; but who wantís to cold call? I hate the thought of cold calling let alone actually picking up the phone to piss some guy off I donít even know.

So I decided to run the adís and get people to start calling me instead. Most people at the mortgage office would get 1 to 2 credit pulls per day if they were lucky. If you donít know the mortgage industry a credit pull is the first thing you would do to start the loan process.

Once you have your credit pulled and the credit looks good, you can start to gather documents and information required to close the loan.

Once the loan closes normally we would get anywhere from $1500.00 to $6500.00 in commision.

So as I was sayingÖ the Avg was 2 credit pulls per day and that was from calling all day long from the phone book.

The first day I ran the adís I pulled 13 credit reports and did more on my own than the entire company as a whole. Iíd go to work in the day and when iíd get home iíd have 10 to 20 voice recordings of people looking for a mortgage.

Today Iím 33 and help people get leads by using landing pages and tools that I create with my team in order to suck in leads in any market.

As a CEO of a growing company I can promise you that success is closer than you think it is and if youíre willing to try your hardest youíll climb any mountain.

I love business and I love people and Iím excited to be here!

God Bless
Jake

FinServeUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 3rd September 2015, 10:09 AM   #2
torka

Location: Triangle area, NC, USA, North America, Earth (usually)

Search Engine Guide Blogger

Welcome aboard, Jake! I'm glad you decided to join our merry crew. What an inspiring story! I love the way you tried something different. I'm betting if the ads hadn't worked the way you anticipated they would, you would have kept trying until you found something that did, right?

I know our members can benefit from your expertise and enthusiasm. And, of course, we're all about mutual assistance here, so if there are any questions you have that we might be able to answer, please feel free to ask. I look forward to your active participation in our discussions!

--Torka

Old 3rd September 2015, 01:42 PM   #3
FinServeUSA

Send a message via Skype™ to FinServeUSA
Default Thank you so much!!!

I'm so happy that you took the time to welcome me thanks you so so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by torka View Post
Welcome aboard, Jake! I'm glad you decided to join our merry crew. What an inspiring story! I love the way you tried something different. I'm betting if the ads hadn't worked the way you anticipated they would, you would have kept trying until you found something that did, right?

I know our members can benefit from your expertise and enthusiasm. And, of course, we're all about mutual assistance here, so if there are any questions you have that we might be able to answer, please feel free to ask. I look forward to your active participation in our discussions!

--Torka

FinServeUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2015, 04:33 AM   #4
Removebackgroun

Hello there new buddy! Congratulations and welcome!

Removebackgroun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2015, 04:53 AM   #5
hrishivardhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinServeUSA View Post
Hi Iím Jake

and I have a healthy obsession with growing companies!

It all started when I decided to drop out of Colorado Techís software engineer program and start my own IT company.

Actually; hold that thought, Let me rewind a little further back in life before I found technology.

I was 19 when I started to study print advertising and ways to generate leads. I was trying to figure out a way I could generate leads with the Lansing State Journal which is a newspaper company in downtown Lansing Michigan.

I was working for a mortgage company at the time and was sick of being told ďI should cold call if I wanted to make the big bucks; but who wantís to cold call? I hate the thought of cold calling let alone actually picking up the phone to piss some guy off I donít even know.

So I decided to run the adís and get people to start calling me instead. Most people at the mortgage office would get 1 to 2 credit pulls per day if they were lucky. If you donít know the mortgage industry a credit pull is the first thing you would do to start the loan process.

Once you have your credit pulled and the credit looks good, you can start to gather documents and information required to close the loan.

Once the loan closes normally we would get anywhere from $1500.00 to $6500.00 in commision.

So as I was sayingÖ the Avg was 2 credit pulls per day and that was from calling all day long from the phone book.

The first day I ran the adís I pulled 13 credit reports and did more on my own than the entire company as a whole. Iíd go to work in the day and when iíd get home iíd have 10 to 20 voice recordings of people looking for a mortgage.

Today Iím 33 and help people get leads by using landing pages and tools that I create with my team in order to suck in leads in any market.

As a CEO of a growing company I can promise you that success is closer than you think it is and if youíre willing to try your hardest youíll climb any mountain.

I love business and I love people and Iím excited to be here!

God Bless
Jake
This is really inspiring others. Welcome to the forum and enjoy your stay here and yes congratulations for your work, you are doing well.

hrishivardhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2015, 05:27 AM   #6
sophiarivera07

Hi Jack welcome to the forum...

sophiarivera07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2015, 12:52 PM   #7
josechukkiri

Send a message via Skype™ to josechukkiri

Glad to see you here at small business idea forum. All the best.

josechukkiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2015, 01:50 AM   #8
Clintsx

Nice to meet you jake, i am new guy too

Clintsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2015, 07:31 PM   #9
Hampers
VIP Contributor

Awesome story - we are all very welcoming!

Hampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2015, 11:23 PM   #10
jeffscott
VIP Contributor

A strong introduction from Jake and a warm welcome for you. Feel free to create a thread and state your concerns in your field as well as having an healthy discussions in this forum site.

jeffscott is offline   Reply With Quote