Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Link Development
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 5th June 2014, 02:58 AM   #1
Hampers
VIP Contributor

Arrow DISQUS Blog Comments - Valuable For Backlinks?

I've been posting on blogs that use a disqus verify tool to screen spam comments.

I have set up an account and have added my link in the profile section, but I am not entirely certain that this is of any real value for backlink juice - since it is buried off site and takes a bit of work to find if you are seeing just the comments on the blog.

Does anyone have an opinion on this? Is it still worth the effort making the comment and do you value the backlink as worthy in it's own right?

Be really interested to hear your opinions on this one, as disqus has a really good reputation to curb spam commenting.

Hampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 5th June 2014, 06:30 AM   #2
Seek.estate

I'd say they would be as good as comments in any other blog or forum. I wouldn't have thought it'll be any better.

Also depends on the PR of the website where the DISQUS comment is hosted.

Seek.estate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2014, 12:06 AM   #3
robherr

It depends on the blog because most of them are in nofollow attribute. It still creates an infraction on my site though.

robherr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2014, 11:02 AM   #4
DFWattorney

I thought disqus's selling point was that the links wouldn't be crawled so nobody would have a reason to spam. That may not be the case in practice though.

DFWattorney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2014, 08:41 AM   #5
Jen 100

If you're doing blog commenting as a means to simply build links then it doesn't seem that disqus comments would be worth as much since the link doesn't appear on the page and since it's more difficult for another reader to find the link to your site if they want to learn more about you. However, if you're also using blog comments to build your reputation and you're using your real name an image to comment then perhaps there is still some recognizably and credibility being built.

Old 26th June 2014, 03:15 PM   #6
Hampers
VIP Contributor

I agree Jen, it seems that I have to use a really easy to identify avatar and username to start some sort of brand recognition in disqus - but once you start commenting and get a few likes its' good.

Hampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2014, 04:49 AM   #7
rallied341

no link juice, but you can gain traffic using comments on disqus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampers View Post
I've been posting on blogs that use a disqus verify tool to screen spam comments.

I have set up an account and have added my link in the profile section, but I am not entirely certain that this is of any real value for backlink juice - since it is buried off site and takes a bit of work to find if you are seeing just the comments on the blog.

Does anyone have an opinion on this? Is it still worth the effort making the comment and do you value the backlink as worthy in it's own right?

Be really interested to hear your opinions on this one, as disqus has a really good reputation to curb spam commenting.

rallied341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2014, 09:16 AM   #8
CoolHandCol

Disqus doesn't provide link juice anymore. It used to until everyone started spamming it as an easy way to get links

Old 29th October 2014, 04:49 AM   #9
erikathomson
VIP Contributor

Default DISQUS Blog Comments - Valuable For Backlinks?

The type of disqus link is no follow, so you can not get back links or it doesnot provide any link juice.

Old 9th November 2014, 05:53 AM   #10
tzzrd

Like everyone said, it's NOFOLLOW, so no juice, but... depending on how much traffic the site gets, a single link in the comments could bring decent incoming traffic for you.

For example, I have a health food blog. So I went to other health food blogs, posted a comment, and left a link to my site mentioning people could read more by visiting the link. Got me several hundred visits of people in the same niche. Problem is that comments get buried over time, so incoming traffic from those links will die out eventually.