Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Social Media
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 24th January 2014, 04:53 AM   #11
BeBizsmart
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanTC View Post
To ensure Pinterest success, I always advise to set up your account properly, prepare your blog for pinning, integrate Pinterest share buttons with your other social media platforms, research what your ideal client is pinning, set up your initial boards and start pinning!
Easier said than done really. I've noticed several users who've done everything just about right yet they have about 2 followers despite posting over 300 pins! Makes you wonder.

Personally, I run these two accounts - one is a huge success with thousands of followers and I figure this is because the topic is an interesting one. The other one - and more business-like - can be said to be more of a niche topic and thus far I've registered 300 followers. This is the one I would particularly love to boost. Any ideas would be welcome.

Food for thought though: There are times 300 followers are better than 6,000 if the thousands are not converting as much as the niche 300. Social numbers play some kind of trick though- the larger the number, the more followers you'll attract - fact. The conversion can be taken care of after amassing these numbers. Any out-of-the-book tricks apart from the usual - large, appealing images, posting often, commenting and what not to attract the masses into a not-so-interesting topic? Would love to hear. Thanks!

Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 21st April 2014, 02:07 AM   #12
gaylerichardson

Pinterest through huge visitors are coming for your websites or benefit for your business.

gaylerichardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2014, 06:15 PM   #13
Hampers
VIP Contributor

Have you tried using the your niche keywords to be individual boards and then pinning under each of these. I find I attract visitors by doing this.

Also, add a pin it button to your blog and website - it is simple and adds another call to action to share social media wise.

You can see how to do it here... https://developers.pinterest.com/on_...in_it_buttons/

Hampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2014, 03:18 PM   #14
Hampers
VIP Contributor

Just some more interesting thing on pinterest - love how each pin gives a backlink...

Old 3rd July 2014, 06:29 AM   #15
Mooviemakers

I have to say Pinterest is the one social platform I can't get my head around. I pin fairly regularly but only have the 1 follower (pathetic I know). Anyone got good tips for attracting followers? I do nothing other than pin my own content every week or so. Should I be following and repinning other people stuff too?

http://www.pinterest.com/mooviemakers/ if anyone was interested :-)

Old 9th August 2014, 03:46 AM   #16
herryking112

HOW TO USE PINTEREST FOR YOUR BUSINESS

Pinterest Consultant will the take the time to guide you through this website to show you how to navigate easily. Iíll give you quick overview and then dig deeper on how some of the features work in a separate tutorial.

I will give you a tour guide of the following:

1) PINTEREST PROFILE PAGE

This is the grid layout which shows you rows and column of boards that Iíve created. Because Pinterest adjusts the layout based on browser window size youíll notice that the number of columns may be different from one personís screen to another.

2) PINTERESTíS HOME FEED

This home feed shows you a plathora of pins (remember pins means images) from pinners you are following. The pins nearer to the top of the page are the newest pins that you and other pinners are pinning.

3) SEARCH BOX

4) CATEGORY MENU

5) BUSINESSES

herryking112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2015, 12:46 AM   #17
niklopez

Thanks for sharing .

niklopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2015, 02:22 AM   #18
Hampers
VIP Contributor

Great to see we're building a great resource here - It's such a powerful tool for building links with people in the foodie, home and lifestyle and women's niches.

Old 22nd June 2015, 10:12 PM   #19
ShaneWatson

To ensure best traffic from Pinterest, I have joined many Pinterest groups where I can repin my website pins and the response i get is great in terms of traffic. I read an article about the best ways to use Pinterest for business and that helped me alot. Here's the link:
http://www.writeawriting.com/social-...-get-business/

ShaneWatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2015, 02:26 AM   #20
mindriders

Send a message via Skype™ to mindriders

Yes you are right on this one, I noticed that those images that are pinned to maps can be easily searched.

mindriders is offline   Reply With Quote