Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > General Search Engine Marketing Information
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 6th June 2014, 06:58 AM   #1
alexfernandes

Default Article Directories Still Work ?

Do article directories still have some an impact on keyword rankings? Have this technique benefited your website? Matt Cutts has clearly said a big NO. Check this post - http://searchengineland.com/googles-...ctories-182935

Then how content plays a vital role in SEO. According to me, in article directories if we submit a high quality and engaging content, then your keyword rankings should approve. I am looking forward for your opinion regarding this query.

alexfernandes is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 6th June 2014, 07:35 AM   #2
oldbuddy
VIP Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to oldbuddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexfernandes View Post
Do article directories still have some an impact on keyword rankings? Have this technique benefited your website? Matt Cutts has clearly said a big NO. Check this post - http://searchengineland.com/googles-...ctories-182935

Then how content plays a vital role in SEO. According to me, in article directories if we submit a high quality and engaging content, then your keyword rankings should approve. I am looking forward for your opinion regarding this query.
It's my understanding that you get more from posting the articles on your own blog where Google Bot can find them.

Old 6th June 2014, 11:01 AM   #3
DFWattorney

Google devalued those sites because people were just copying content everywhere. I don't think it hurts to occasionally spread some material on article directories but I would make that material something meaningful and unique content that isn't on your website.

DFWattorney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2014, 10:13 AM   #4
amichalski

Default article directories--mehh

Genuine value is still coming out of articles. They just exist now, as oldbuddy said, on privately owned blogs/sites and more exclusive magazine-type sites (think Huffington Post) instead of article banks.

Article submission once was a reliable means of marketing, but those days are behind us. Plagiarists, spinners, and questionable experts chipped away at the value of directories by flooding them with poorly written, poorly researched, thinly veiled advertising.

I quit spending time submitting articles on my own behalf about 5 years ago. Sifting the bad directories out of the running had become a continuous job I just didn't have time to do. About 2 years ago, even the really reputable, top-notch sites (Ezine Articles for one) began to slip. I have one longtime client who, at the time, was stilling hiring me to edit, vet article sites, and submit her articles each month. She is a true expert in her field, but by the end of 2012, her excellent content had little or no chance being found among all the burgeoning dross. Meantime, readers had turned elsewhere, so even the best sites were not producing anywhere near the traffic they once did.

So we dumped all the banks and now focus her article efforts only on her own website, with publicity and distribution supported by email marketing and social media. She has built trust with a loyal audience, and the returns are so much greater (with so much less headache).

amichalski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2014, 03:30 AM   #5
simon.boylan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexfernandes View Post

Thanks for sharing this imformation

simon.boylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2014, 08:41 PM   #6
arold10

Quote:
Originally Posted by amichalski View Post

Article submission once was a reliable means of marketing, but those days are behind us. Plagiarists, spinners, and questionable experts chipped away at the value of directories by flooding them with poorly written, poorly researched, thinly veiled advertising.
You are right by saying that. Article marketing has lost its value as a result of bad activities by various webmasters in order to get better ranking. It seems that any link building method that has been abused significantly has been devalued by Google in order to protect the integrity of their search results.

arold10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2014, 10:35 PM   #7
Hampers
VIP Contributor

Instead of posting your article - post it direct to your website blog and then promote that link in other places - driving traffic to your content and the article as a sub page of your domain.

Hampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2014, 04:58 AM   #8
mindstreak
VIP Contributor

A few of the article submission sites which has high pagerank would help.But only a few high quality articles are available now.

Old 10th October 2014, 02:58 AM   #9
shivshakti

Arrow

Generally article submission has value when we view it as one of the link building tactics. If majority of your links comes from article directories then is a bad symbol. Your link profile includes all marketing channels article directory is just one of them is Good.

shivshakti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2014, 02:26 AM   #10
lessbrokerage

I don't this article posting is effecting today. because most of the person using same article posting for different article submission websites.