Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > General Online Marketing Information
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 9th June 2011, 02:11 PM   #1
Rojae Braga

Send a message via Skype™ to Rojae Braga

Question Let's Hear Your Favorite Marketing Method?

It is a fact that with the growing number of online businesses at present, competition's getting tougher and tougher. It's as if everybody's struggling to create a concrete internet marketing strategy that could boost their business substantially.

Obviously, there are numerous ways to market your business including, word of mouth, e-mail marketing, ezines, forum posting, newsletters, pay-per-click, banners, traffic exchanges, referrals, press releases, video marketing, classifieds, social media sites, etc.

As for our company, some strategies that we do utilize are article marketing, blog posting, forum participation, and social networking.

How about you? What`s your favorite way(s) of marketing your business? And what works best for you? Looking forward to learning from your experiences as well. Thanks!

Old 9th June 2011, 11:48 PM   #2
lordspace

Setup an ad campaign and it is good wait and see userbase going up.

lordspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2011, 12:41 AM   #3
LloydBurrell

A combination of online and offline marketing methods. This ensures visibility and flexibility to your business, whilst covering all the important aspects a marketing campaign should take care of: constant growth, real dialogue with potential customers, and regular updates.

Old 24th June 2011, 01:16 AM   #4
hdm
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LloydBurrell View Post
A combination of online and offline marketing methods. This ensures visibility and flexibility to your business, whilst covering all the important aspects a marketing campaign should take care of: constant growth, real dialogue with potential customers, and regular updates.
Hello Rojae,

Obviously, I shall answer "direct mail". However, I agree totally with Lloyd. Direct mail is very effective when integrated with other forms of marketing, enhancing brand awareness, and giving prospects a response option of their preference.

Old 24th June 2011, 10:18 AM   #5
TylerHutchinson

I work with B2B so I do not always follow the norm of what consumer driven companies should do. I market online via linkden. I also am in directories and have several different ad campaigns. I also participate in twitter discussions and forums to build myself as an expert in my field.

Old 24th June 2011, 02:10 PM   #6
Rojae Braga

Send a message via Skype™ to Rojae Braga

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdm View Post
Hello Rojae,

Obviously, I shall answer "direct mail". However, I agree totally with Lloyd. Direct mail is very effective when integrated with other forms of marketing, enhancing brand awareness, and giving prospects a response option of their preference.
Hi hdm,

It is true that direct mail campaigns can increase brand recognition and solicit sales, not to mention it is personalized, thus it helps increase positive response. However apart from these things here are certain drawbacks that needs to be considered.

1. Expense. Can be expensive, depending on your target market, quality of your list and size of the campaign.
2. Low Response. Some people do not like receiving offers in their mail, and throw them immediately without even opening the mail.
3. Long lead times. It can be difficult to predict how long it will take to get your advertisement from the design phase through production and into the customer's hand.

These considerations are especially important if you are operating a small business with a small to moderate marketing budget.

What can you say about this? I'm sure a lot of SBI forum members would love to hear your thoughts. I look forward to learning from them! Thanks!

Best,
Rojae

Old 1st July 2011, 04:07 PM   #7
7sunslifecoach

We help my sister in law run a day spa and she likes to use a type of mobile marketing with Textagram for returning customers. We input their cell phone #'s and birthdays and when their birthday comes up they automatically get a text message from us saying "Happy Birthday! If you come in the next few days you will receive our 40% Birthday discount!"

It works really well for her.

7sunslifecoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2011, 01:25 AM   #8
seotrip

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7sunslifecoach View Post
We help my sister in law run a day spa and she likes to use a type of mobile marketing with Textagram for returning customers. We input their cell phone #'s and birthdays and when their birthday comes up they automatically get a text message from us saying "Happy Birthday! If you come in the next few days you will receive our 40% Birthday discount!"

It works really well for her.
Great idea. This also works well for "day of" appointment cancellations, send out the text offering a discount to fill the appointment.

seotrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2011, 01:46 AM   #9
joyi2011

Send a message via MSN to joyi2011
Default i think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojae Braga View Post
It is a fact that with the growing number of online businesses at present, competition's getting tougher and tougher. It's as if everybody's struggling to create a concrete internet marketing strategy that could boost their business substantially.

Obviously, there are numerous ways to market your business including, word of mouth, e-mail marketing, ezines, forum posting, newsletters, pay-per-click, banners, traffic exchanges, referrals, press releases, video marketing, classifieds, social media sites, etc.

As for our company, some strategies that we do utilize are article marketing, blog posting, forum participation, and social networking.

How about you? What`s your favorite way(s) of marketing your business? And what works best for you? Looking forward to learning from your experiences as well. Thanks!
So many things that are not absolute, not to say that I like, like every number only each has his own the meaning of existence, especially in today's network is more and more developed era, the network marketing is also important, news manuscript is also important

joyi2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2011, 01:04 PM   #10
trade-show-diva

Given my user name, I think I'd have to say that my favorite form of marketing is trade show marketing, of course.
But if you ask me what the most POWERFUL form of marketing is, I'd have to say WORD OF MOUTH. There is just no substitute for real people talking about you and recommending you to their friends!

trade-show-diva is offline   Reply With Quote