Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 20th August 2009, 04:37 AM   #21
rhino1

Great... some of the posts are pretty helpful. Especially for me, I have really learnt a lot about SEO process from all these posts.

rhino1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 8th September 2009, 12:14 AM   #22
defender777

@Pamila
you top ten list is really great!

defender777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2009, 03:34 AM   #23
kolsols

thanks all for sharing so much useful information.

kolsols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2009, 01:14 PM   #24
gervaisgroup

Default Seo

Fresh content, update it regularly. Distribute articles, news and press releases, and be sure to include a link to your site (anchor text is allowed).

gervaisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2009, 05:51 AM   #25
andrasan

Lightbulb

Such a informative thread. Social networking site are good platform for promote your blog r website.

andrasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2009, 10:32 AM   #26
askdmatthews

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankPinch View Post
Maybe I missed something, but how will this help?
I think he was just referring to setting up some form of tracking. Of course just installing it won't do you much good unless of course you use it.

For those of you new to SEO and online marketing in general, I can't recommend it enough that you track everything. Google analytics is free and pretty simple to get setup. It might take a little extra time on your part, but it will payoff huge as your business/website grows. Track the results from your daily marketing activities; dump the ones that don't produce and focus on those things that get results.

askdmatthews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2009, 12:54 AM   #27
mans123

@Pamila...
great list...All the things are quite important and you have well placed them in your check list

mans123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2009, 05:49 PM   #28
DebraE

great thread, i am just wondering what h1/h2 tags are?

DebraE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2009, 09:16 PM   #29
Ethingamajigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookycc View Post
Here are a few inorganic SEO tips:

How do you get links?

Get yourself listed in many of the free or low-cost business directories, such as Merchant Circle, Xing, and Yelp.

Words of caution: Many of these sites allow customers to rate the vendor. If you use this method, you will need to monitor and manage your listing to address any negative feedback your business receives.

Look for your industry's online directories and add yourself to those. For instance, UmeWorks is listed with online website designer directories.

DMOZ Open Directory Project is the largest, most comprehensive human-edited directory of the Web. Inclusion is not guaranteed and it takes a while to get listed, but Dmoz listings are provided to AOL, Google, and other websites directories and portals.

Is your business heavily reliant on local geographic customers? Be sure to use location directories like CitySearch.com, Yahoo Local Business, online Yellow Pages.

Take advantage of business and social network sites. Sign up and create a profile for yourself, and include the name of your business and a link to your website in LinkedIn, Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, Plaxo, etc.

Add a call-to-action video at high traffic sites like YouTube. Get folks interested and send them to your site to learn more. Better yet: syndicate your video for many high-valued links to your site - because video links are given higher priority by search engines. Contact UmeWorks now to add a video commercial to your site now for only $799. And we can syndicate it for you too for more high-valued incoming links to your site.

Join a chamber of commerce and business networking groups who have online directories for their members.

Request links to your site from related businesses and organizations

Colleen

One way to get links is to join as many online coupon sites that you can. Many of them will let you link from your coupons or item back to your site and many are free to join.

Most of the coupons sites are small, but any free advertising is good. Just search for coupons or coupons files.

There are also a few auction sites that are free and some of them allow links to your site.

HiBidder was one of them, but I think that they are off line now.

Of course, you need to be on all the social networking sites like myspace, facebook, etc. Be sure to put links to your site on them.

Ethingamajigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2009, 02:50 PM   #30
krystlevogt

Wink Issues

I just recently got a website up and running for a friend of mine who is in the remodeling/construction business. For over two months the website was ranked in the top positions of google maps. Suddenly, they have dropped to well beyond the 50th position on google maps. What could have caused this sudden decline. Just last week they were ranked #1 and this week they are no longer ranked that high. I need to get this back up there as quickly as possible. What can I do?

krystlevogt is offline   Reply With Quote