Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Blogs and Blogging
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 21st November 2013, 05:48 AM   #1
Karry

Default Want Ideas For Travel Blogging.

I have a travel blog which receive good traffic, but here your suggestion needed.

I don't travel usually, so I want to know what type of post/topic should I post in my travel blog?

Any suggestion will be highly appreciated!!

Old 21st November 2013, 10:45 AM   #2
torka

Location: Triangle area, NC, USA, North America, Earth (usually)

Search Engine Guide Blogger

Pardon me for asking, but if you don't travel, then why/how are you writing a travel blog?

I mean, the whole point of blogging is supposed to be writing about something you know...

--Torka

Old 22nd November 2013, 01:43 AM   #3
Karry

Don't take me wrong. But I made this travel blog to gather all local information about one country at one place. Like there nightlife, hotels, places, food etc..

What more I can add there which I increase peoples trust on my blog. There are lots of blogs but why my blog will be special?

This blog is like a travel guide, so, what should I more add in this to make it more appealing unlike other blogger who shares own tips. I am sharing not my own tips this time(may be will post in future), but a blog where peoples can get all information of travel what they want to know.

Old 22nd November 2013, 07:29 AM   #4
BeBizsmart
VIP Contributor

Wink

Floated in similar waters sometime back, and it's a notion that's yet to be brought to fruition. About what you could throw in - highlight a couple of attractions that get high traffic - even the less visited are nice too. Then if it's the trust you need you could probably get a few interviews with recognised hotel managers (from any department - marketing, accommodation and so on). Moreover, this is beneficial to both of you - you'll be adding credibility to your blog and the hotel will be getting some free advertising (unless of course you become established and explore the idea of advertising for a fee?). Another thing - short interviews with high-level managers of various hotels, resorts and so on. Hope this helps.

Old 23rd November 2013, 05:58 PM   #5
RyanTC

Default Travel Tips

Regarding a travel blog - other than including information on nightlife, hotels, places, food etc... You might also want to consider adding tips on packing, traveling with pets, free things to do and so on. This is all valuable information one might be looking for when researching a place to travel to.

Old 24th November 2013, 01:33 PM   #6
SarahMiller01

Don't forget to include in your blog the Do's and Don'ts in that particular place. I mean the specific rules in the city. It might help.

SarahMiller01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2013, 02:37 AM   #7
Karry

Thanks Ryan, your suggestions are easier to apply. Thanks Bebizsmart too, and all for your valuable response.

Karry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2013, 03:24 AM   #8
heartgann

That's kind disappointing. You were confessing that you have a travel blog that receives good enough amount of traffic but you don't travel, how come you put up that blog? You cannot convince readers to stay with your blog that long if they do not feel your sincerity of delivering information that are worthy enough.

heartgann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2013, 04:51 PM   #9
gregcooper410

Read up on travel magazines and find out what is the hot topics everyone talking about.

Old 17th December 2013, 02:51 PM   #10
zeeshan12

I Hope if you write diary you got many topic and improve your blog pages. Did you write diary. If you don't write diary put pen write where is you next day target. Before going any where you must be make plan for that and on your diary.

zeeshan12 is offline   Reply With Quote