Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > General Search Engine Marketing Information
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 6th August 2012, 09:52 PM   #11
rreger

I'm a new blogger and found this forum as a result of the advice of an internet marketer named John Thornill. He has a great blog post about getting traffic - http://www.johnthornhill.com/blog/th...fic-loopholes/
(This link is not affiliated with me in any way)

rreger is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 7th August 2012, 05:58 AM   #12
seoserviceszone

Through Social Media Marketing, Guest Blogging. Article Submission, Forum Posting, Create connection with Webmasters and then send Site Information to Webmasters etc.

Last edited by torka; 7th August 2012 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Remove self-promotional links - configure a signature in your profile if you want to link to your company
seoserviceszone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2012, 07:46 AM   #13
maxisxjay

You can promote your website to social media sites like G+, Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, etc. You can also do article marketing.

Old 7th August 2012, 04:04 PM   #14
chocotime

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasminelane View Post
Promote through the social media efects
You know, I keep hearing many different opinions regarding social media. Many people I talk to say the impressions are worthless. I see it as something that can really help branding, but I get resistance from the other guys i work with who are interested more in the turnover rate.

is this the case with everyone else? Have any of you had a social media effort that really yielded anything?

chocotime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2012, 05:49 AM   #15
chixfashionz

Definitely something you achieve and continue to work on over time. Unless you have a couple of thousand close friends who can simultaneously jump online and pump you up using the same techniques!

Time + effort = rewards

chixfashionz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2012, 07:36 AM   #16
jackmartin

Send a message via Skype™ to jackmartin
Exclamation

well to Increase traffic on your website you should do two thing first is, that your website should contain unique content and also proper on page SEO means Keywords placement and proper optimization and second is you have to do proper OFF page SEO like Forum posting, Blog commenting, Directory Submission, Press Release and Content Submission etc..

hope it will help you

Old 14th August 2012, 11:41 PM   #17
24-7

I've had my website for almost four years and within the last two weeks I started SEO through the company that built my website. I've wasted over
12K with other companies, PPC, Yellow Pages and you're typical con of "I'll get you so much traffic you will have to hire someone". In four years I can honestly say I've been able to increase my traffic on my own by having a blog, Facebook, Twitter and now Pinterest.

If you sell products and have a Facebook page have a photo contest on your Facebook page and give away a few prizes. The fan with the most likes wins the prize. Someone must "Like" your page before they can vote. I've had several contest on my Facebook page and every time my fans have increased between 200-400.

One part of SEO that is not mentioned enough is On-Site Optimization. Your website must be optimized..proper HTML, alt tags, description, page titles, H1 tags etc. If your website doesn't have the goods the search robots will not crawl it.

I've talked to many people with websites and MANY of them do not have a clue in regards to keywords, meta tags, H1 tags, context.

The internet is one HUGE ocean of sharks and you must build a website that is a feeding site for the sharks to come.

24-7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2012, 01:12 AM   #18
gardenegg

Quote:
Originally Posted by mktgbiz View Post
In my experiences with my three different websites, heading to the forums and participating has produced immediately. I now use Statcounter.com and can track where traffic comes from.

Once you have more relevant posts you have more opportunities for exposure.

I'd highly, highly recommend beatin' the drum of the forum boards!
well i tried to add links but always get banned

gardenegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2012, 11:06 AM   #19
LarryBadger

Blogging - Blogging does a ton of things for traffic in a bunch of different areas.
1.) More indexed pages which builds credibility with search engines

2.) More content for you to share via social media and for your followers to share with their friends, which increases your total reach AND the likelihood that you'll get more inbound links which is key to increasing traffic

3.) More opportunity to improve your keyword rank

Forums - Great way to interact with an audience and build your total reach and brand awareness

Keywords - Proper keyword selection and implementation can have a significant impact on your traffic

LarryBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2012, 05:33 PM   #20
Nutty
VIP Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to Nutty

Hola

With a new website there are many topics I undertake but forum posting is always high on my list and starts the ball rolling, within a few days you will see traffic arriving and possibly some long tail keywords to help you on your way also

Keep adding content to your website, focus on the links on your own domain before heading out the door to gain inbound links, I am not saying inbounds links are not top priority but house keeping your own domain should also take preference

Good luck with your campaign

Nutty