Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 7th November 2015, 01:07 AM   #1
LaneKreps

Send a message via Skype™ to LaneKreps
Default How I Can Promote My Business?

Me and my partner just started a cake shop with 3 branches in different cities. The offline business is going smoothly. We have also created a website and planning to launch online ordering feature for this business. How I can promote this business online?

All suggestions are welcome...

LaneKreps is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 9th November 2015, 09:58 AM   #2
torka

Location: Triangle area, NC, USA, North America, Earth (usually)

Search Engine Guide Blogger

In the short run, you're probably looking at advertising. Eventually, website optimization might help you gain traffic from the search engines, but that is a long-term tactic that could take months (or even years) to have an effect.

If you want to get quick responses, look in to online advertising, specifically pay-per-click. You can choose to limit your advertising "reach" to only those areas where you have physical stores, if you want. Advertising will get you instant exposure -- as soon as your ad campaign is approved, your ads will be up and running and (potentially) being seen by prospective customers.

Since you have physical locations, local search could also be a good option for you. Make sure you've set up your business profile pages in Google and Bing and that you've created profiles on local service pages such as Angie's List and Yelp.

You may also want to contact other compatible local businesses to see if you can trade advertising or promotion with them. Photographers, videographers, party venues, event planners, party supply shops -- think of the other services that people who buy your cakes might be looking for, and see if you can work out some sort of co-op deal with those service providers. It could be as simple as adding a page of "recommended service providers" with a link and a small blurb for each service provider, or placing small banner ads on selected pages on each other's websites.

(Don't let the "reciprocal linking" Chicken Littles scare you away from this sort of thing. As long as there's a legitimate reason for you link to the other website -- which, since you provide complimentary services that each other's customers might be interested in, there is -- and both you and the other business code the links as "nofollow," the search engines will not care. Seriously. The thing is, you're not seeking out these links for any sort of "SEO link juice" -- that's why you make sure they're coded as "nofollow" -- you're looking for the actual human visitor traffic you might be able to get from them.)

--Torka

Old 9th November 2015, 10:33 AM   #3
shuvoimtiaz

I must appreciate Torka for her nice suggestions. In my opinion, you must optimize your website for local search and you can also try Google Adwords for the targeted traffic. As you are a cake shop, you can also use social media marketing in channels like Facebook. You will get lots of successful leads from Facebook. I have seen many food chains have succeeded in their business by investing on Facebook PPC.

shuvoimtiaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2015, 11:08 AM   #4
torka

Location: Triangle area, NC, USA, North America, Earth (usually)

Search Engine Guide Blogger

@shuvoimtiaz - excellent point! Social media is potentially a very good resource for local businesses looking to promote themselves to local customers. Especially for something visual such as decorated cakes, something like Pinterest or Facebook might prove to be a valuable channel.

--Torka

Old 10th November 2015, 01:26 AM   #5
saiburi

Firstly you have to find the right keywords of your website. Then you can start SEO working on these keywords.

saiburi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2015, 01:42 PM   #6
metricbuzz88

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaneKreps View Post
Me and my partner just started a cake shop with 3 branches in different cities. The offline business is going smoothly. We have also created a website and planning to launch online ordering feature for this business. How I can promote this business online?

All suggestions are welcome...
First you need to optimize your website accordingly, Use Woorank.com and MetricBuzz.com (My own tool). This tool help you to review your website and say the suggestions what to edit and what needs to be optimized to improve the online presence.

Next, find your best competitor by searching the keyword like - Cake shop "your city name" in Google.com

The top 10 websites are your competitors. Take one of the competitor and find where they are linked their business.
You can use my backlink watch tool: http://www.metricbuzz.com/Backlink-Watch-Checker-Tool/

Building links on the competitor backlinks is a good idea and will quickly generate organic views and traffic. Do not post on low quality websites even though it was competitor links.

Content marketing: Post content on your website regularly, watch all your competitors for at least 1 month. Check what they are doing to target the visitors. Work accordingly for at least 3-6 months.

You will receive some good traffic at the end of 6 months.

Cheers!

metricbuzz88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2015, 11:22 AM   #7
dwhs

Make your main website modern and clean. Add a second site for marketing purposes. Pay blogs in your industry to do posts about your sites and business.

Get listed in major directories like DMOZ and Yahoo.

dwhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2015, 05:14 AM   #8
markbaker

There are various ways to promote your business online. Do the proper SEO of your website. It will help to reach target audience and get high rank in search engine. Social media is another way to promote your business. You can create profiles, business page on social media channels. It will help to improve brand awareness. If you are looking for paid advertisement, then PPC is the best option.

markbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2015, 03:50 AM   #9
LaneKreps

Send a message via Skype™ to LaneKreps

Quote:
Originally Posted by metricbuzz88 View Post
First you need to optimize your website accordingly, Use Woorank.com and MetricBuzz.com (My own tool). This tool help you to review your website and say the suggestions what to edit and what needs to be optimized to improve the online presence.

Next, find your best competitor by searching the keyword like - Cake shop "your city name" in Google.com

The top 10 websites are your competitors. Take one of the competitor and find where they are linked their business.
You can use my backlink watch tool: http://www.metricbuzz.com/Backlink-Watch-Checker-Tool/

Building links on the competitor backlinks is a good idea and will quickly generate organic views and traffic. Do not post on low quality websites even though it was competitor links.

Content marketing: Post content on your website regularly, watch all your competitors for at least 1 month. Check what they are doing to target the visitors. Work accordingly for at least 3-6 months.

You will receive some good traffic at the end of 6 months.

Cheers!
Thank you all for your valuable suggestions. I will definitely follow all the above discussed methods to promote my business.

LaneKreps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2015, 04:55 AM   #10
jandesigner1

If you are looking to generate quick leads then pay per click can be a good option but if you are looking for reliable solutions then you need to work on SEO part as well with social media .. Although the SEO can be slow process but can be helpful once your websites ranking improves

jandesigner1 is offline   Reply With Quote