Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Pay Per Click Advertising
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 1st March 2011, 12:07 AM   #1
AVP

I have only been using PPC for about 2 weeks, so I'm not the expert here. But I will say that it has had a marked effect on our traffic and revenue.

There have been a couple fraud clicks, but I've found that by narrowing your focus regarding search keywords (i.e. be very specific), we have achieved good results.

For instance, in your business, I would try keywords for 1099 software in different states to see if the CPC is lower while still delivering a high quality lead to your site.

AVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 1st March 2011, 02:27 PM   #2
increaserevenue

Hi Karen,

PPC works depending the keyword you are after. If you are going after an expensive keyword it is hard to get a descent ROI.

I'm using Facebook Ads a lot where I keep the CPC and CPM low by maintaining a high CTR. Facebook rewards you when you have a high CTR because that means you are providing something the FB users like, so you are adding value to the social network.

Adwords is to expensive, I stick with Facebook !

increaserevenue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2011, 01:21 PM   #3
notjustSEO

Send a message via Skype™ to notjustSEO

If you are doing both Facebook and Google PPC, there is a program so that you can track the results of both from the same place.

For more information check out www.antvisit.com, and if you would like a 90 day free trial instead of 30, send me an email, and I will set it up for you ([email protected]).

notjustSEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2011, 05:57 PM   #4
qualibid

Send a message via Skype™ to qualibid

PPC was always the most powerful and efficient marketing channel. It is very flexibile as it provides you with highly targeted traffic. The problem is that most advertisers are only familiar with Google. Google is way too expensive and unless you really know what you doing and have a solid budget, it is hard to achieve good results. Most alternatives (so called 2nd tier PPC networks) are way more affordable but the quality of their traffic is questionable. The volume can also be an issue.

qualibid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2011, 10:12 PM   #5
PrintInOttawa

I think google PPC adwords is still a very effective advertising medium, but can no longer be applied to low margin / low cost product sell-through.

PrintInOttawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2011, 03:02 AM   #6
Lizabeck

PPC still works. Whether it is Adwords or Facebook the conversions will depend on the type of site and keywords used to campaign. You must choose the correct PPC campaign based on the theme of the site.

Lizabeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2011, 04:29 PM   #7
tradeshowdesign

Default Mixed Results with Google PPC

We've had mixed results with Google PPC. We get a decent amount of traffic (when we spend enough money), but a pretty high bounce rate. I don't think our ads are deceiving and we sell a quality product so my only thought is that this is due partly to fraudulent clicks. I also wish the tracking was a little more advanced in terms of what it can do.

Old 6th July 2011, 05:12 PM   #8
FireUps
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen123456 View Post
We have not used Google PPC for some time. We started Google PPC again in Jan for two weeks for our W2 1099 Software. However, based on the results, we do not think Google PPC is an efficient marketing way. And we also found the conversion rate at night is higher. (Maybe there are too many fraud clicks in day time)

I just want to know if PPC still work for your company? Do you have any good tips in using PPC?

Thanks,

Karen
You have to understand how to use the tools you are being provided on adwords and you have to understand who your customers are and figure out what converts for you. Many factors go into a good PPC campaign.

first, its a commitment. You can't just put up an ad and run on the suggested keywords or you will create the opinion that you have. You have to optimize and optimize ofter

Adwords Optimization Tip # 1: after a couple days cut the anchors... anchors are your keywords that have high impressions but little or no clicks ... if your click through rate is less than 1% Cut them from your list.

that will get you quit a ways through

FireUps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2011, 04:05 PM   #9
Zakatalku

hi all members.. i just joined this forums....hope that i find this forum a great community...

Zakatalku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2011, 08:02 AM   #10
HostColor

Send a message via ICQ to HostColor Send a message via Skype™ to HostColor

To be honest I should say that the PPC ads have always provided poor results for my campaigns. That's why I use mostly low cost PPC to bring traffic to my websites. The only good experience I have is with the local PPC ads.

HostColor is offline   Reply With Quote