Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 15th June 2013, 03:54 AM   #1
carpetnj
VIP Contributor

Default Backlinking

I have a new website seomarts.com. I was wondering if backlinking will increase the ranking of my website in Google rankings. Or is backlinking passť. Also, I would appreciate any other advice you can provide on increasing my Google ranking.

Last edited by Logan; 17th June 2013 at 08:52 AM. Reason: link removed
carpetnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 15th June 2013, 05:13 PM   #2
Social-Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetnj View Post
I have a new website seomarts.com. I was wondering if backlinking will increase the ranking of my website in Google rankings. Or is backlinking passť. Also, I would appreciate any other advice you can provide on increasing my Google ranking.
Pfft Sounds like a rhetorical question to me. Obviously you already know the answer.

Old 16th June 2013, 08:35 PM   #3
jamesandrew3128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Social-Media View Post
Pfft Sounds like a rhetorical question to me. Obviously you already know the answer.
True.. I think it's obvious that backlink will improve your rankings in the search engines but it still does matter what kind of linking you're doing to improve on the matter.

jamesandrew3128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2013, 02:00 AM   #4
Mellisa Smith

Quality backlinks matters to get good ranking of your website/webpage in the search engine because for low quality backlinks your website/webpage will be penalized by Google search engine. Guest posting is beneficial off page activity to get high quality backlinks. Including it, local and high pr directory listing, forum posting, article submission, blogging, social bookmarking are also good.

Mellisa Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2013, 05:37 AM   #5
Ivana B.

Did you just want to get a link back to your site? You are into SEO and wondering if backlinks will help? hmmmmm

Ivana B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2013, 07:13 AM   #6
PatprecisionE
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivana B. View Post
Did you just want to get a link back to your site? You are into SEO and wondering if backlinks will help? hmmmmm
I'm with Ivana. At least I hope you understand that backlinks are good. Otherwise selling SEO services might not be the right business for you!

PatprecisionE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2013, 07:16 AM   #7
Ivana B.

:-) I truly hope he does ;-) - If he was just trying to get traffic...I hope he knows that a bounce off rate hurts his rankings...

Old 17th June 2013, 07:30 AM   #8
PatprecisionE
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivana B. View Post
:-) I truly hope he does ;-) - If he was just trying to get traffic...I hope he knows that a bounce off rate hurts his rankings...
He's a sly one!

On a more serious note, I did visit the website, and I must admit I'm somewhat hesitant to purchase any of the things offered on it. Nothing against the website, but when people sell things like Facebook likes and a few thousand social bookmarking submissions, that's a red flag for me.

PatprecisionE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2013, 07:41 AM   #9
Ivana B.

I have to agree with you. The best way to get likes is to actually pay for them with Facebook Ads Campaign. After all, those fans will like your page for what it is ;-)

Old 18th June 2013, 04:55 AM   #10
tonystark

Have you done branding your website on social media or done on web submissions. SEO has been totally change. Try to get more present on social media.

tonystark is offline   Reply With Quote