Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Blogs and Blogging
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 13th August 2013, 12:30 PM   #1
Jen 100

Default Guest Post Submission?

When you contact a blog about submitting a guest post, it seems that some bloggers never respond one way or another and some bloggers get numerous emails a day so it takes them longer to respond. How long do you typically wait for a blogger to respond to your guest post request before moving on to another blog?

Old 16th August 2013, 10:31 AM   #2
kimboathome

Like you said these bloggers get numerous requests per day, so make sure it is short, sweet and to the point. Also make sure you keep the blogger in mind when you're writing the email and highlight how your guest post is going to benefit them and their readers. The last thing they want to read is a long winded, unfocused email about how good you and your guest post will be.

How will you help the blogs readers? Have you identified a gap in the blogs content that you know the readers will benefit from or be interested in?

One way to stand out from others is to be an active contributor to their blog by leaving quality comments on posts (will only help you stand out if the blogger is also active in the comment sections).

Old 16th August 2013, 03:53 PM   #3
Hampers
VIP Contributor

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimboathome View Post
One way to stand out from others is to be an active contributor to their blog by leaving quality comments on posts (will only help you stand out if the blogger is also active in the comment sections).
I agree - I have blogs where I never comment back in the comments section and it acts to slow down genuine comment input. Take the time to feedback to your commentary and you will benefit.

As for guest blog posts, go for it, they add authenticity and help establish your blog as a niche leader.

Hampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2013, 04:40 AM   #4
robinmark

Hello friends i am also trying to do guest blogging but i don't have any knowledge about this when i am searching guest blogging website they all are need money but i want free guest blogging site that approve my post with in 48 or 72 hours. Can anyone tell me those website name that approve my post instance.

robinmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2013, 08:03 AM   #5
SusanBrown

Hi,

When it comes to submitting a guest post, you should wait at least a week to hear back- especially if you are approaching a busy/popular blogger. After a week, I'd move on.

Just realize that many bloggers are changing their attitude towards guest posting because of all the spam requests they are getting. The best strategy really is to actually be active on the blog as a reader/commentor. You could also try to email the blogger, but make the email about offering them a resource/piece of information/etc that would be helpful to them- no strings attached. Then you could follow it up with a guest post pitch.

One way to speed things up is to try to reach the blogger via social media first- just don't overdo it. You could send the person a tweet or a message via Facebook, LinkedIn, etc asking if he/she is still accepting guest posts and what the potential wait time would be to get back to you.

SusanBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2013, 10:18 AM   #6
Jen 100

Quote:
Can anyone tell me those website name that approve my post instance.
Beware of sites that do anything instantly. Quality sites typically moderate blog comments and will want to read guest posts before posting them. Blogs that publish posts automatically might be lower quality so be sure to do research before posting to one of these.

Old 19th August 2013, 11:30 PM   #7
panthervision23
VIP Contributor

You need to wait for their reply. There's no other way around it; especially if the guest post host is very popular to ghost writers.

panthervision23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2013, 05:40 AM   #8
robinmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen 100 View Post
Beware of sites that do anything instantly. Quality sites typically moderate blog comments and will want to read guest posts before posting them. Blogs that publish posts automatically might be lower quality so be sure to do research before posting to one of these.
Thanks for your valuable reply i am careful in future for this.

robinmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2013, 04:37 PM   #9
waynemorrise
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen 100 View Post
When you contact a blog about submitting a guest post, it seems that some bloggers never respond one way or another and some bloggers get numerous emails a day so it takes them longer to respond. How long do you typically wait for a blogger to respond to your guest post request before moving on to another blog?
Guest Post Submission is actually a thing that you can't actually count in a day or week I guess. We all know we must wait for the moderator of the blog to accept or just even leave a reply in your email. This a matter of having a great conversation skill, the more convincing your statement is, the more chances of being posted in that blog.

Old 29th August 2013, 08:36 AM   #10
PatprecisionE
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemorrise View Post
Guest Post Submission is actually a thing that you can't actually count in a day or week I guess. We all know we must wait for the moderator of the blog to accept or just even leave a reply in your email. This a matter of having a great conversation skill, the more convincing your statement is, the more chances of being posted in that blog.
Yeah, I've noticed that with guest posts, you spend about 10% of your time writing and 90% of your time sending out emails and waiting for responses.

PatprecisionE is offline   Reply With Quote