Well nobody is interested in commenting. Just an update then...
We decided to go with a one level, residual commission program. With a whole suite of referral links, banners, signup codes, email referral system, invitation referral system, making it extremely easy for anyone to get involved. Business or regular users refer other businesses and make money is the idea.
I think the decision of a one level program works best and makes people feel its legal. As soon as you mention MLM most people scatter.
We pay $10 USD per referral that purchases the Pro plan. We pay residual. Committed Evangelist make bonus's. All paid through Paypal.
It doesn't seem like much, but people with a network know it can add up quickly.
Our Pro service has a $75 annual fee to begin with, the affiliate can give out a $15 discount to boost referral signups, we have to pay the affiliate $10 in commission + bonus. Minus our Paypal fee, our time spent with personalized support, running cost... CiteAds boils down to a hobby business for us.
The site is a tool that helps local business save money and time by serving a place to host their regular ads online. It seems like just another listing site, but we do much more.
1) We generate free customized flyers for businesses to print, order and handout offline. The flyers bring people back online to view what ever they are advertising.
2) Since the ad is online, it's changeable. No need for fancy ads means no design cost. Printed flyers and posters are universal.
3) We have a custom design and print service. Because we're online, we kick back the work to the community.
4) We're partnered with local mail distributors to promote our online ads offline through direct mail and local magazines.
5) Because ads are online, we can track page visits. Analytics online and offline give great insight on strategy.
Any comments? It would be great to get some feedback.
- Post your coupons, promote locally for free.