Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Blogs and Blogging
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2nd January 2008, 05:11 AM   #1
nicholasii

Default Blogging In Business

Hi guys , may i know how does the usage of blogging in businesses enhance a business and how it has grown over the years?

Any personal experience about doing business with blog? Care to share with me?

Thanks

nicholasii is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 3rd January 2008, 03:29 PM   #2
sdk1988
VIP Contributor

IMO, blogging has expanded alot of our search terms, it is a less formal means of advertising and its been quite enjoyable. We are in a niche business, but its a highly competative and I've noticed a good amount of traffic back and forth from our main site to the blog as well as visa versa.

Its a more personal approach to letting people know about your business and your product.

sdk1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2008, 12:50 AM   #3
TheFiend

Wink Blogging good for Business

G'day - yes - our blog drives more and more traffic daily to our site.
With out it - I feel we would miss around 20% of the site traffic - if not more.
The blog readers enjoy an interactive and informative interaction - we will quite often respond immediatley - if not within 24 hours to a request - and it has made all of the difference to our site interactions.
Feedback from our clients is sooo encouraging that I have been tempted to increase the blog coverage to different parts of the business - so each department can run their own. Still thinking about this though.

Old 4th January 2008, 02:21 PM   #4
asprat

Blogs are also a good way to get immediate visibility for certain keywords, depending on what blog engine you use. blogger, for example, was bought by google, and most of the content uploaded to blogger gets indexed pretty quickly (tags get noticed, too). It's not a perfect system but people will be able to find you easily on a blogsearch.

asprat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2008, 09:04 PM   #5
Ryan

I redid the site for a web application of mine a few months ago and switched the backend to Wordpress for the blogging type features. Most of it is done using pages so it looks like any other CMS but I also have a News section which is actual blog posts.

The biggest blog feature I wanted though was comments. I have comments open on almost every page so that if a visitor has a question they don't have to go somewhere else to ask it. What I've found is that a lot of potential clients will ask questions on a comment form that wouldn't spend the time to fill out the contact form or sign up for a forum account.

It's just one more way for potential clients to interact with me and I think it helps for other visitors to see that interaction.

Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2008, 01:40 AM   #6
didi07

dont' know, just write something that related business and money , maybe. so my writing is not everyday, but a week. because sometimes i can not find the topic.

didi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2008, 11:53 PM   #7
Baselux

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasii View Post
Hi guys , may i know how does the usage of blogging in businesses enhance a business and how it has grown over the years?

Any personal experience about doing business with blog? Care to share with me?

Thanks
Try to create interesting and informative content related to your business site. Or if you just love blogging you can set up adsense on your blog.

Baselux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2008, 07:08 AM   #8
greytdogz

I use blogging as complimenting Greyt Inspirations. I write combination of a little personal (nothing super personal, just general), business and a section for Rescues/Adoptable dogs.
I try to write something everyday to keep it "fresh", but it usually ends up being every second day.

Along with enjoying writing for my blog, I have found that my list of readers is growing at a steady rate.

greytdogz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2008, 11:20 AM   #9
simonr

Send a message via Skype™ to simonr

It's not boosted our hits, that I've noticed. What it has done however, is mean that the interest we get are is more 'qualified'. People get a chance to see our style and so on before they contact us; by the time they decide to email us they're very warm contacts.

Useful!

S

Old 29th January 2008, 11:52 AM   #10
sdk1988
VIP Contributor

Thats awesome, I love seeing that happen!

sdk1988 is offline   Reply With Quote