Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Generating Revenue, Insurance, Taxes, Etc. > Ecommerce
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 22nd November 2010, 10:11 AM   #1
SusanH

Smile How Do You Measure Customer Satisfaction?

Hi,
you probably have some Ecommerce sites so I hope I'm asking the right people...
Are you trying to measure if the customers who bought something via your site were satisfied with your helpdesk agents?
For instance: customer wanted to know something more about a product, he sent an e-mail and the reply from your employee/helpdesk agent was slow or bad and the customer ordered nothing.
Are you trying to get some feedback from your customers or people who just e-mail you something? If you do that, how do you do that?
Do you listen to your customers? Has their voice improved your Ecommerce site or was it just bullshit because they don't know what they want?
Is there anything better than nicereply.com? Or something similar to measure customer satisfaction? Or a helpdesk system that has something like a "customer feedback" already incorporated?

Thank you VERY much for sharing your experiences with me.

SusanH is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 23rd November 2010, 10:58 AM   #2
BeTheBest
VIP Contributor

Uh... I think you're trying to re-invent the wheel here. In fact, you're barking up that tree looking for 'Internet Marketing Secrets'. Ha! I can not understand what part of 'THERE IS NO SECRET' people do not understand.

Sorry, and I am not attempting to stomp on you. But sales, support and customer loyalty online depend on ALL THE SAME THINGS ANY OTHER BUSINESS WOULD DO OFFLINE.

Think about it. You need Good Product; Prompt Shipping/Delivery; Prompt Response to Questions' CLEAR answers not trying to fool people into buying your product' (I could go on... but that's not what this post is about).

Look, on my very first site (2004) I sold digital downloads and after a while, expaned to hard products. From the start, every client automatically got on a 'Customer' e-mail list. They were sent a few messages over the first few days THANKING AND REMINDING them about their purchase; Making sure they got their download.

About 10 days out... we sent a reminder about the billing. We reminded them that their purchase would show up on their credit card as "Blah-Blah-Blah", so they wouldn't see the charge and screem CHARGE BACK!

All the time (and in between) we asked them about the product. We asked them to tell us what they liked. How did we do?? (Not giving away all the secrets here, sorry!)

But this is just COMMON SENSE RELATIONSHIP MARKTING that you can do with an Auto Responder and a well planned marketing strategy. (Oh that! That's the part of marketing that I skipped over because the strategy was booooooring! )

It's really simple. It really is. Just give up on that 'Internet Marketing Secret' and treat people LIKE PEOPLE! They will respond in droves! I promise.

Good luck!

BeTheBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2010, 05:26 AM   #3
radiomedia

Thumbs up How Do You Measure Customer Satisfaction?

when you measure customer satisfaction and you want it high. its possible only that condition when every customer must be profitable and 100% satisfied
with services and products which is provided by your company.No one companies really don't know how to satisfied their clients. But they always try to give 100% satisfaction to their clients.This time lots of training courses running outside who tell us how to satisfied our customer.

radiomedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2010, 03:04 AM   #4
Lucky Adam

Its a million Dollar Question as how to measure the Customer Satisfaction? Here I would like to share some of the Marketing Concepts regarding customer classification that will certainly help in measuring the satisfaction. The Customer moves through the following stages as
1. Suspect
2. Prospect (future potential customer)
3. Customer
4. Repeat Customer (First sign of satisfaction)
5. Advocate (Another sign of satisfaction as well as delight)
6. Relationship Customer

Today, the organizations's strengths are measured via this concept and that is how much Relationship customer these gonna have. Customer satisfaction is directly related to more number of Relationship customers.

Lucky Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2011, 06:36 PM   #5
Gary Barzel
VIP Contributor

The trick is getting customers to talk to you. To do that you will have to take customer surveys either by email or over the phone. However not always will it be easy to get customers to fill out surveys. Try to come up with ways to help customers want to participate in surveys, by offering incentives if they give you feedback on your product and overall customer service.

Gary Barzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2011, 11:00 AM   #6
dowson12345
VIP Contributor

well, if customers are ready to buy my products, that is what customer satisfaction. But sometimes I organize some surveys and polls to ask for the advice.

Old 11th May 2011, 01:55 AM   #7
RyanF

Default Absolutely!

Bottom line is this: companies generating high customer service scores drive higher sales and lose less customers through defection to the competition. This is no major revelation but the strength of the correlation between sales and scores shocks many. Increases in service scores generate exponential growth in sales. Therefore, it's critical to measure customer experience across all business location, products and channels and place that information in front of every employee in the company.

RyanF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2011, 10:24 PM   #8
Marticia22

For me, one can measure a customers satisfaction if he/she ordered or inquired again, this can only prove that you have provided a satisfying trasaction process. Of course you can tell that the customer is a repeater thru the address right.

Marticia22 is offline   Reply With Quote