Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Offline > General Offline Marketing
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 17th June 2008, 12:34 PM   #11
Kurt Henninger

On-line and off-line methods work great in combination. One combination method is to craigslist. Put an add in there for a bunch of different cities. I have used craigslist and have had great success.

Kurt Henninger is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 23rd June 2008, 07:11 PM   #12
Vinsomelosesome

Sometimes I get a feeling that the web is overrated. A website will not work miracles unless a cohesive plan and execution process is in place. If you aren't getting results, revisiting your objective will be a good idea.

What made you choose the web as a medium to attract leads? Since you have not been successful in optimizing the potential of the internet, jumping to another media might lead to similar results. Please remember that right questions are more important than right answers.

Questions I'd ask myself are:

1) Who do I want to market to?
2) Why will I market to them?
3) Have I identified a problem in their current service provider?
4) Is the solution of the abovementioned problem important to my prospect?
5) Do I have the capability to provide a solution?
6) Can I think up creative ways to bring this pain to my prospect's mind?
7) What will be my message?
8) What will be the media vehicle to drive home my message?

Vinsomelosesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2008, 09:08 PM   #13
Adconomy.net

Default Your Knowledge

It seems to me that you are selling your knowledge and expertise, so you need to get your knowledge and expertise known about.
The first step is to give away something of high value to potential customers that costs you very little eg. articles and newsletters of information.
Then make people sign on to your database to receive these for free. This is giving you a large pool of potential cutomers that are even just moderately interested in what you have to say - this is a lot better than a cold lead. Once you have built up this base you can then offer your service to these people (with out hounding them) and convert them from being warm potential customers into being CUSTOMERS>
Best of luck
Nicky

Adconomy.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2008, 09:56 PM   #14
Ravedesigns

Vinsomelosesome's comments are right on the money, and in particular you really need to define who your ideal customer is first before you can decide how to go about reaching them.

Oh but you say, "Everyone can use my services" and that may be true, but you'll go broke fast trying to market your services to everyone, so it's best to define your ideal client as soon as possible and market to them as precisely as possible.

Once you've done that, I would think an educational or two-step marketing approach would work best with what you're selling. A free ebook or audio providing some valuable free advice goes a long way to developing the trust people need to have before they'll buy from you and it's a great way to start building a mailing list.

Good luck!

Steve

Old 24th July 2008, 11:22 AM   #15
SashaMike

Hello Maria,

The best bet would be direct mail marketing. The chances are higher than any other marketing tactic. Imagine your product/service being read or seen by almost every US and Canadian households. You can select your GEO area and go local as well.

Other methods must be good as well, but their jurisdiction would be small. Even if its not small then it is expensive (not suitable for the long run)

Thank you

SashaMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2008, 11:29 AM   #16
Jean Ann

Default Customer Cultivation

Offline customer contact is as important as online...I make sure that I send personalized cards to my clients at strategic times of year...you can purchase cards that have some of your information pre-printed, but you need to make sure you write a note and sign it yourself...building relationships is key!

Jean Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2008, 04:46 PM   #17
spencer

I would look for online methods to promote the site. Have you tried PPC?

spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2008, 01:48 PM   #18
Transweb

My company allows businesses to advertise their products in a interesting way that many people don't realize is effective:

The way we help you is by playing entertaining and customized messages about your products and services while the caller is on hold.

Almost all businesses I know that have customers call-in have to frequently place those callers on hold. By playing messages on hold, you can inform callers about other products or services that you have to offer, while keeping them on the line.

I realize that you are looking for a solution to get more people to call-in, but fully utilizing the customers who do make that call can also increase the number of sales.

Transweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 04:00 PM   #19
mailergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaMike View Post
Hello Maria,

The best bet would be direct mail marketing. The chances are higher than any other marketing tactic. Imagine your product/service being read or seen by almost every US and Canadian households. You can select your GEO area and go local as well.

Other methods must be good as well, but their jurisdiction would be small. Even if its not small then it is expensive (not suitable for the long run)

Thank you
I use direct mail marketing, but is there a place you can direct me to so that I can read more about it? I want to be more knowledgeable so that when I use it again I can create a more effective direct mail campaign?

mailergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2008, 12:12 AM   #20
ussdbb

Hey all Im new here and I like the concept of this thread. I am brainstorming for 5 great ideas to promote my new small business (not online of course). Thanks to this threat I have got a few really great ideas. Anyone have anymore ideas????

ussdbb is offline   Reply With Quote