Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Offline > General Offline Marketing
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 27th March 2012, 09:21 PM   #21
MargSpencer

Try cold calling. To better speed up the process, why not purchase a list of contacts before you start calling people.

MargSpencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 11th April 2012, 11:54 AM   #22
bizmaverick

Default Target market

If your location has a niche target market, go ahead and participate. Attend conventions and gatherings, participate in bulletins so that people can connect you with your business. It's more like connecting your business with your face.

bizmaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2012, 05:21 AM   #23
bizmaverick

Hi there! I know exactly what you mean! A small furniture store (or any business for that matter) needs all the maketing it can get! I mean it really is tough to compete to your big and well-known counterparts, right?

I'm sure you want something cost effective yet feasible. Yup, making your presence felt in the social media wouldn't hurt but I would totally suggest that you should join bazaars or fairs wherein you can introduce your shop directly to your potential market.

You should dress up your booth very creatively and make it eye catching! Make your business cards readily available and don't forget your leaflets too!Displaying or selling your products is a great way to sell and raise your popularity as well! All the best!

Old 21st June 2012, 08:43 AM   #24
FrankMurraay

There are so many business ideas for small furniture shop. The best in my view is to advertise your shop online. It costs very less but should buy a good amount of customers to you. There are so many other ways to make your business popular in local market but going online is smart option.

FrankMurraay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2012, 06:44 PM   #25
LaurieBuilder

I realize this may be a *tad* late but I thought maybe a follow up post would still help. Postcard mailing is usually a good idea too. There are some products that I do enjoy getting actual print materials on - and furniture ideas are one of them. Some online printers also offer a list that you can "rent" - based on geographical locations. USPS has that kind of service too.

LaurieBuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2012, 04:44 AM   #26
bizmaverick

All stores occasionally will have discounts or sales to increase profits. Itís a big decision when buying furniture, the customer wants to have a good quality and at the same time with discounts. You might try these strategies: by one get one, random discounts, contest, bigger discounts and limited time.

Old 29th June 2012, 11:54 AM   #27
DeniseTaylor
VIP Contributor

Yes. Make sure you have a website and put your specials on it and/or show some inventory with prices. I do a lot of pre-shopping online to find stores I want to visit (saves time.) When stores aren't online or don't provide a peek at what they carry, I don't even consider visiting them. I'm sure some other people are the same way.

DeniseTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2012, 06:16 AM   #28
nashir

You can start affiliate marketing.

nashir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2012, 01:52 PM   #29
OnlineOfficeUSA

Default A few thoughts...

Hello! I actually just launched an online store and one of the concerns I had was how to keep new and relevant content flowing through the site to attract attention from the search spiders. A couple things I've done already or will be implementing soon are:

I added a Reviews page to the online store where I will do regular reviews of featured products;

I created a YouTube channel where I will post video reviews and have a video player on my front page that links to our channel and the latest review;

I created a separate blog that has reviews and information about office furniture, manufacturers, consumer news, etc. From this site I link to the store. I do this as just another way to drive links to the store plus it gives me an unbiased platform to report from.

Of course the basic on-page factors...domain name, title, description, and keywords. I put most of my efforts into the page title and a clear and detailed description as I understand the dwindling importance of keywords in the meta tags (I do strive to have keyword rich content however!)

To build our mailing list, I created a contest where a visitor to the online store can win a free chair by entering their name and email. I am also going to develop a creative for the blog that links to the online store.

I am going to create a QR code for the online store that will automatically issue a 5% discount for joining the mailing list also.

I have set up a Facebook page that automatically posts to our Twitter account and we are ready to begin running daily specials there.

I am penning articles for submission to the various ezines and article directories.

And certainly not last or least is participating in forums and commenting on blogs.

Whew! Now that I look at it, it's no wonder I'm beat at the end of the day!

Well, hope that was of some value to you...and I hope the marketing agencies don't hate me for giving away their secrets.

OnlineOfficeUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2012, 04:58 AM   #30
mitchell90

Article marketing is best in my opinion.

mitchell90 is offline   Reply With Quote