Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Affiliate Marketing
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 4th June 2011, 08:53 AM   #1
drewn85

Default Best Place To Promote A Website?

Hey guys I am new to the forum and to this business as well. My job now is just to promote and get new members for a streaming media based website. This also deals with network marketing as well but Im starting out as an affiliate with them. Any ideals? Suggestions? I live in an area where this isnt a huge deal and alot of ppl are into farming/construction type work so network marketing isnt a big deal here. So I best chance to get this up and running is to reach out. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

drewn85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 27th June 2011, 02:57 AM   #2
seo-guy

There are two simple and free places to advertise your website.

Jim Tools: This is a free utility that advertise your website to 400 search-engines and ranks on over 200 Free For All links pages. Contrast to Self Promotion, Jim-Tools takes a short time to submit to 400 search-engines.

Associate-it Tool: This is a free utility, allow you to submit all the pages to 24 major search-engines. This submission is done in real-time. Based on the speed of your Internet-connection and the number of pages you are going to submit.

Old 29th July 2011, 03:04 AM   #3
smallbus01

There are 2 things that I can suggest that you do.

1. Spam - It isnt great for a lot of people but it definitely works. I personally don't think it is cool but nothing I can do about the results.

2. Do it slowly - You can go to websites similar to yours and advertise your website discreetly then go from there. And search forums with features that enable signature and then be a non-spamming helpful member there that actually is active and helping the community. It is the least you can do for the free advertisement.

smallbus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2011, 02:11 PM   #4
viper_one
VIP Contributor

Do a search for any free sites, places where you can describe your webpage with either a line or two, a paragraph or whole page of text.

If possible add links back to your website to encourage people to visit you. These 'nodes' can even be placed in your 'about me' section on most sites.

Have you thought about writting one page web articles and putting them outhere for search engines, with a link or two back to your website(based on your description you don't have much content on your website).

Old 14th August 2011, 08:55 AM   #5
Gary Barzel
VIP Contributor

One good place to promote your site is by adding an email signature to your email address, that way every person you come into contract with sees your website. Also if you are registered to any online sites be sure to add you bio with your site address and info.

Old 14th August 2011, 09:42 AM   #6
ActionableBiz

There are quite a few ways of promote a new website. But, you said your 'job is to'. So my question is 'Do you really want to?' Is the product something you believe in?

My litmus test is: would I be comfortable with my picture next to this product's definition in my local newspaper?

This might sound like an extra unnecessary step or something irrelevant to your question but my finding is that people never give it a 100% until they truly believe in what they're promoting.

With that out of the way....

Here's some ideas

1. The city I live in has a "network marketing" magazine. I know you said your area is quite small but you should be able to look at nearby markets. You can place an ad in these magazines or drive there for some facetime to understand your audience.

2. Article marketing still works so you can submit well written articles with a call to go visit the website or YOUR website to get more info about the opportunity.

3. I wouldn't recommend PPC since you're just starting out and your market is crazy competitive for PPC.

4. Keep an eye on where your competitors are promoting the product. Chances are if they're savvy, they're promoting regularly in places that bring them returns.

5. I've also seen social media work very well for your industry as long as you are in it for the 'long haul' i.e. you're truly interested in establishing a connection with the people you meet and helping them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewn85 View Post
Hey guys I am new to the forum and to this business as well. My job now is just to promote and get new members for a streaming media based website. This also deals with network marketing as well but Im starting out as an affiliate with them. Any ideals? Suggestions? I live in an area where this isnt a huge deal and alot of ppl are into farming/construction type work so network marketing isnt a big deal here. So I best chance to get this up and running is to reach out. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Old 7th September 2011, 09:51 PM   #7
dancorkill

Send a message via Skype™ to dancorkill

Work out who would benefit the most from your service (your target market).

Then go wherever they are, forums, twitter, linkedin groups etc

dancorkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2012, 10:16 PM   #8
printnstyle

I guess nobody mentioned about SEO yet. Well, SEO is actually one of the best promotional strategies running today. Also, you can use social media and email marketing.

printnstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2012, 08:35 AM   #9
jasminelane

Seo websites are the best place to promote a website.I think via social media is also the another way.

jasminelane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2012, 02:24 PM   #10
cobase

You can also submit to the Open Directory Project, which most search engines pull from:

http://www.dmoz.org/docs/en/add.html

As for some of the other suggestions (Jim Tools, etc), just Google for "Jim Tools" and note that the site isn't even in the top results -- that gives you a sense for how useful they are in promoting a website...

cobase is offline   Reply With Quote