There are quite a few ways of promote a new website. But, you said your 'job is to'. So my question is 'Do you really want to?' Is the product something you believe in?
My litmus test is: would I be comfortable with my picture next to this product's definition in my local newspaper?
This might sound like an extra unnecessary step or something irrelevant to your question but my finding is that people never give it a 100% until they truly believe in what they're promoting.
With that out of the way....
Here's some ideas
1. The city I live in has a "network marketing" magazine. I know you said your area is quite small but you should be able to look at nearby markets. You can place an ad in these magazines or drive there for some facetime to understand your audience.
2. Article marketing still works so you can submit well written articles with a call to go visit the website or YOUR website to get more info about the opportunity.
3. I wouldn't recommend PPC since you're just starting out and your market is crazy competitive for PPC.
4. Keep an eye on where your competitors are promoting the product. Chances are if they're savvy, they're promoting regularly in places that bring them returns.
5. I've also seen social media work very well for your industry as long as you are in it for the 'long haul' i.e. you're truly interested in establishing a connection with the people you meet and helping them out.
Originally Posted by drewn85
Hey guys I am new to the forum and to this business as well. My job now is just to promote and get new members for a streaming media based website. This also deals with network marketing as well but Im starting out as an affiliate with them. Any ideals? Suggestions? I live in an area where this isnt a huge deal and alot of ppl are into farming/construction type work so network marketing isnt a big deal here. So I best chance to get this up and running is to reach out. Any help will be greatly appreciated.