Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Generating Revenue, Insurance, Taxes, Etc. > Ecommerce
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 31st October 2011, 02:10 AM   #1
wyliee

Default How Much Will An Ecommerce Site Cost Me?

Just looking for a rough price for a website with say 10 or so pages, including an ecommerce facility. Not too complicated or anything, just a starter website, though must be aesthetically pleasing. Does anyone have any idea of roughly how much i would have to pay for one?

wyliee is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 31st October 2011, 11:58 AM   #2
jackmartin

Send a message via Skype™ to jackmartin

well an eCommerce facilitate website with 10 or so pages it will approximate
295 dollars. Its an idea but confirm it before purchase the website.

jackmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2011, 05:03 PM   #3
MattHelps

Default Website design

Hey Wyliee

I can develop a website for you with ecommerce for a few hundred Dollars.

It depends a lot on some of the main features you may need. Websites can
be as little as couple hundred Dollars and as maximum as you want it
for a very fancy website with lots of features and tools.

If you want to just chat about sites and get some more ideas, you
can also send me a Private Message and we'll touch base and talk
on the phone.

Matt

MattHelps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2011, 08:40 AM   #4
Neil D

Prices can vary significantly depending on who you choose and how much work they do versus how much work you do. For a basic DIY site you could be looking at a few hundred dollars whilst there are web design companies out there who will charge you several thousand.

Don't forget that once you get your site you will also need to organise hosting for the site which will probably cxost you as well.

Old 1st November 2011, 02:50 PM   #5
Hampers
VIP Contributor

Initial cost should not be the main worry if this is your sole main website. I would look for a reputable individual who is willing to be there for you as you grow and encounter problems.

Some unscrupulous individuals charge a low upfront and then have you think they are the only ones who can edit the code. Often this is not the case. Free CMS like wordpress and joomla are simple to operate - ask if the designer uses these.

Hampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2011, 06:15 PM   #6
yankeeman

Send a message via Skype™ to yankeeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyliee View Post
Just looking for a rough price for a website with say 10 or so pages, including an ecommerce facility. Not too complicated or anything, just a starter website, though must be aesthetically pleasing. Does anyone have any idea of roughly how much i would have to pay for one?
We offer a web based software solution ($295.00) with a Shopping Cart that can manage 1500 products. Can also be utilized to accept PayPal.

Contact me for further details if you are interested. We can establish a demo account for you to test the software.

Old 10th November 2011, 09:54 PM   #7
cspreston

The minimum price for building a PROFESSIONAL looking ecommerce website is around $3,000. Speak with a qualified developer about your specific project to find out the real cost based on your unique requirements...

I actually know many talented (and affordable) web developers (freelancers and agencies). I'd be happy to provide an introduction.

Thanks,

Brett

cspreston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2011, 10:56 AM   #8
philwebster95

Default a piece of string...

Hi All,

We have a saying in the UK: "How long is a piece of string" - it is answer to a question which does not have an answer!!

In this case, 'a few hundred dollars' has got to be the absolute minimum; I would estimate a thousand or so as a more realistic starting point for professional assistance.

If you or your colleagues have any technical skills, magento is an open source (free) system which apart fro hosting will not cost you a bean. Worth a look.

philwebster95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2011, 05:24 PM   #9
fdo528

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyliee View Post
I used Hostgator and they are pretty reasonable in terms of pricing. You can also get unlimited domain hosting for a very low price.

fdo528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2011, 06:39 PM   #10
James Tallett

Hi wyliee,

Why not build your own. Virtually free, as many pages as you want. No knowledge required, follow my signature.

Best wishes
James