So, you are ready to make your first post. Fantastic! With these instructions you'll see just how easy it is to post. If you need any help, please let me know by using this form
. I'm here to help you and there are no dumb questions so don't be shy.
The easiest way to do this is to launch another browser window so you can read these instructions and walk through the steps without having to go back and forth between the pages.
The best place to start posting is in the "New Member Introductions" forum so I'll show you how to do that.
1. Go to the forums home page here: http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/
2. Scroll down the page and find the forum where you want to post. In this case, you will want to find the "New Member Introductions" forum. Just look for our puppy near the top of the page and scroll down until you see the forums.
3. Once you've found the forum where you want to post, click the forum name to go there. In this case, the link address for the "New Member Introductions" forum is: http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/fo...isplay.php?f=2
4. After you've followed that link, you'll find yourself in the "New Member Introductions" forum. You can always see where you are in the forum by finding our puppy at the top of the page and looking at the navigation bar just under her.
5. The next step is to create a new "Thread." A thread is a topic made up of individual posts that come one after another down the page. You'll make the first post in the thread and other members will post after you. To create your new thread, you'll click the graphic button that says "New Thread." To find the "New Thread" button, go to our puppy at the top of the page and go straight down until you run into the "New Thread" button.
6. Clicking the "New Thread" button will take you to a page where you'll create your post.
7. Enter the title of your post. For example "Hi Everybody."
8. Enter the body of your post. Tell us about yourself and your company. This post is about introducing yourself not trying to sell your services or promote your site. So, try something like "Howdy, I'm Robert and I run a web site called Small Business Brief. I'm from Houston and I'm looking forward to learning from everyone and making new friends."
9. Once you've entered the body of your post look below the text box where you entered your message and click the button marked "Submit New Thread."
That's it. Now, try and create your first post and let's see what happens. If you still have problems, don't worry, just let me know
and I'll help you out.
As you are exploring the forum don't be afraid to try things. There is no way for you to "break" anything and you won't mess anything up. Plus, I can undo anything you do if necessary.
Oh, before I let you go, be sure and take a minute to read the Forum Rules
. It will just take a few moments and you'll know what is and is not ok to do.