Click Fraud cases account for 15% of your PPC Budget - can u believe this!
Click Fraud cases can be broadly classified into:
1. Competitor clicks - employs bots or humans in a country with cheap labor to click on your ads. Watch out for a sudden and random increase in clicks.
2.CPC affiliate clicks - generated by PPC Partners from various locations
1. Have tracking URL's in place(keyword and group specific)
2. Have a visitor tracking mechanism in place - that works(-;
3. Have a conversion and page view analysis in place
4. Have a log analyzer for accessing internal log data
5. Compile data per kw,per SE, per group...check hourly click trends
6. Question when there is abnormal visitor or click spikes, one competitor drops out of listings or when there are clicks but no conversions(have the historical reference data ready)
7.Record all the data from logs, take screen shots, have comparison tables ready(past vs abnormal data)
Take it up with the SE's - show them evidence.
You can get more SE specific info :
There can be multiple SE click fraud occurences too. What this means is that your competitor or "someone who doesnot want you to succeed" would take all the SE's where u are listed and get bots to click on all the links in different SE's parallely
The only way this can be prevented is if(doubtful) the SE's collaborate.
Till now, there have been assurances but very little action to stop click frauds by the SE's.
Hope this helps