Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Pay Per Click Advertising
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 25th March 2011, 10:25 AM   #1
bradmarcus

Send a message via Skype™ to bradmarcus

Default Tips For Doing Pay Per Click Right

Increase your profits and improve your PPC click through rate with some timely observations.
One of the most effective ways to market your website is by paid advertising. The most common and generally effective use of your ad dollars is pay per click advertising or PPC. PPC is where you create an ad, choose keywords that you want to trigger your ad in searches and you only pay for those times that your ad is clicked on. Seems simple, but it’s actually extremely complex.
Doing Pay-Per-Click Right

Last edited by bradmarcus; 25th March 2011 at 11:34 AM. Reason: added a teaser
bradmarcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 25th March 2011, 10:46 AM   #2
ChrissyBiz

Send a message via Skype™ to ChrissyBiz

You could probably get more click thru's if you inserted a teaser here to grab our interest, especially since the title is very popular.

Kindest Regards,
Chrissy

Old 28th March 2011, 01:06 PM   #3
viper_one
VIP Contributor

Arrow PPC quote from the article

Quote:
The reality is that people will search the way they want and it’s up to the experts to look at the data and find the best ways to be found.

yeap, that's really simple but great advice to remember when you pay-to-play

I've saved this article in my favorites.

Thanks.

Old 29th March 2011, 12:01 PM   #4
bradmarcus

Smile

Thanks!
Sometimes the simplest ideas work the best.

Old 13th April 2011, 06:50 AM   #5
tobyR

good post thanks for that, its also an area that getting it wrong as many newcomers do can seriously hurt your bank balance - believe me Ive been there in the past

tobyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2011, 07:45 AM   #6
bradmarcus

I just saw some very interesting statistics I thought I'd share. In 2010, companies spent $46 billion dollars on Internet advertising. Of that number, $29 billion was for pay per click advertising. Just shows how huge this is and how you MUST be doing it the right way or get left behind.

Old 28th April 2011, 08:48 AM   #7
sarahbrooks
Banned

totally true

sarahbrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2011, 01:36 AM   #8
wadeinni

This is very true, I saw similar information posted on forbes website. If you're not doing pay-per-click at least have a plan in place to launch a campaign in the future. The problem for most new marketers of course is 1), the advertising budget as small as it may be, and 2), targeting the wrong keywords this can disastrous and a complete waste of advertising dollars but a HUGE learning experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradmarcus View Post
I just saw some very interesting statistics I thought I'd share. In 2010, companies spent $46 billion dollars on Internet advertising. Of that number, $29 billion was for pay per click advertising. Just shows how huge this is and how you MUST be doing it the right way or get left behind.

wadeinni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2011, 09:44 AM   #9
bradmarcus

Good points, Wadeinni. Another problem I find with some clients is that they try for words with too much competition or are too broad. Best to hit on keywords that are 3-5 words in legnth and appear either in your page titles or page descriptions.

Old 12th July 2011, 08:22 AM   #10
Candice Robins

To ensure effective PPC ads, it is important that the ad copy catch the interest of consumers browsing online. Online attention span is even shorter than traditional advertising attention. Therefore, it is important to create ads that resonate immediately with the needs and desires of consumers.