Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > General Issues > Reviews
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 19th July 2011, 05:25 AM   #1
Mingle Mangle

Send a message via Yahoo to Mingle Mangle
Default Feedback Appreciated

Hello.
I'd like to get some feedback on my website.
I'm looking to have my website professionally done and want to keep the current content and structure. However, I'd like to get some feedback to see if I should junk it and start new or continue to build on what I've got.
Again, I'd appreciate any feedback.

Also, does anybody know of a trusted individual or company that can provide a website critique. I'd like to get into SEO and Google Adwords but would like to get some feedback before investing the money. I don't want to drive traffic if the content stinks.

My website is www.minglemangle.biz

Many thanks.

Mingle Mangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 21st July 2011, 10:16 PM   #2
Ted GWL

Hey Mendy,

I thought I would chime in and give you my two cents.
You are selling a service. So, SEO is very important for you in my opinion if you want to have new hot prospects find you. The first thing you would need to do is determine which keyword phrase you want to target. Then build your homepage to target that phrase.

The site will need to be much larger if you want to get any traction with SEO. A 4 or 5 page site is really hard to get ranked well unless you are going after a really low competition keyword. You can make your website a lot larger by adding a blog to it. You might even want to redesign the site by using a blog style content management system.

I am not particularly fond of the layout of your site. I think you could upgrade it substantially. You could even just buy a premium commercial blog theme from one of the vendors at Wordpress.org. You could easily find a theme on there that would look much more professional. Your current website looks cookie cutter to me. It doesnít paint you in a good light.
Something else to consider Ė When someone goes to hire a VA, they are going to hire a person, not a company. So I would recommend that you make your website very centric on you, the person whom they would hire. You should have a real photo of you on there that shows you smiling. Instead of making people fill out a form to submit to you, you should have a telephone number posted there. People would much rather call than send an email.

I think you should also highlight certain specific tasks that you think are the key benefits of hiring a VA. I donít know enough about VAís to know what that service is. In business though, people make decisions based on a few key facts and not necessarily the overall package. You need to find out what buttons to push to get someone to want to hire you.

Another really critical part in shaping your business model is to first get to know your customer. Who is your customer? What does he or she look like? What is his or her occupation? How old are they? Do they have a family? What is their life like? What is their schedule like? What problems are you solving for them? What keeps them awake at night? What is their biggest number one problem that would push them to really want to hire a VA?
If you can figure all of that out, then you will figure out how to get inside their heads. Then you can figure out where and how you should be promoting your services.

I hope this helps. I didnít say any of those things to be mean. I told you the plain blunt truth.

If you would like to help me out I would also appreciate it. I am not looking for a site review though. My site just launched. I havenít even come close to finishing it yet. So, I am not ready for a review yet. Instead I would ask for a review of an article that I wrote. If you look at this websiteís homepage and scroll down a little more than half way, you will see a category called reviews. Inside there you will see where I asked for some feedback about an article that I wrote. Maybe you would be so kind as to take a look at the article I posted and answer those questions that come after reading it.

Old 28th July 2011, 04:30 AM   #3
Mingle Mangle

Send a message via Yahoo to Mingle Mangle

Ted-

I very much appreciate your feedback and will be implementing your suggestions over the next few weeks. Again, I appreciate your feedback and you taking the time to review my content.

Regarding your article, I would mention the previous article you wrote in the introduction as I'm not experienced or knowledgeable of link building and this would prompt me to read your first article and then return to this one.

You are quite knowledgeable and it shows.

I'm going to read the article again to see if anything more sticks out.

Keep up the good work.

Mingle Mangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2011, 04:41 AM   #4
Ted GWL

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingle Mangle View Post
Ted-

I very much appreciate your feedback and will be implementing your suggestions over the next few weeks. Again, I appreciate your feedback and you taking the time to review my content.

Regarding your article, I would mention the previous article you wrote in the introduction as I'm not experienced or knowledgeable of link building and this would prompt me to read your first article and then return to this one.

You are quite knowledgeable and it shows.

I'm going to read the article again to see if anything more sticks out.

Keep up the good work.
Thanks for your input. I appreciate you taking the time to read the article and offer your feedback.

Old 28th July 2011, 08:45 AM   #5
Spider
VIP Contributor

I think your VA site looks clean and businesslike - I liked it. The layout/design is unexceptional but there is no razzamatazz associated with VA work so I don't think you need an exciting design. If I were looking for a VA, I think I would be put off by a site that was inapropriately exciting. The reason I would hire you is because I find the work boring and want to outsource it so someone else. Your site says to me that you are probably a good person to do this work for me.

You have approrpiate calls to action, and It is easy to contact you.

Why are you considering changing it? Is this design not bringing in clients?

The only changes I would recommend is regarding the text. I found it too general. Perhaps you could add one or two specific items where I might be hurting and where you would be of specific help to me. Tell us a couple of stories of how you helped actual people.

Facts are forgettable - stories stick!

Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2011, 11:33 AM   #6
daveb1
VIP Contributor

Hi Mendy,

A few notes:

-the "work" button leads to nothing. I would fix this ASAP or remove it all together.

-The text on the home page flows down the page too long and does not get to/highlight the point quick enough.

-On the header bar on the top with all that blank space I would put something in big bold letters like "Hire A Virtual Assistant Now" or something to that effect. It is unclear what the site is about until you read through a lot of the fluff which most first time visitors will not do.

-The contact page should have your phone # and email at the very least.

daveb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2011, 12:52 PM   #7
kalyptra

your site is very nice, no need to junk it. just add some testimonial from your clients. if you believe reputation will speak for you, you need to show it in our website, that you do have a (good) reputation from your clients.

a picture of you would be nice. check this site page: http://www.terrigalhinterland.com.au/aboutus.php it's nothing like yours in concept (your design is even more beautiful) but look at how they sell their bread and breakfast inn by selling the owners too. they have their picture too, making prospect clients trust them as they are not hiding behind a site. try to do that too...

kalyptra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2011, 11:02 AM   #8
pfowler21

I think your site has a very nice and clean look and field to it. When I visited your site, I knew immediately what it was all about. I would recommend more tools or subjects to the left column that are relevant to your site's concept to give your visitors variety. Good luck and best of wishes.

pfowler21 is offline   Reply With Quote