Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Link Development
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 20th January 2010, 06:38 AM   #1
dorothykinder

Default Getting Link From High Rank Pages.

Hi All,

I would like to get more links to my site and also exchange links with genuine link builders, what do you think is one way link exchange good or reciprocal link exchange is good.

Regards
Dorothy

dorothykinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 20th January 2010, 12:03 PM   #2
Debra

Search Engine Guide Blogger

Quote:
I would like to get more linksto my site
Please read this thread for link building ideas.

http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/fo...ad.php?t=15544

Quote:
and also exchange links with genuine link builders
Good luck with this, I don't see any reason why a "genuine" link builder would exchange links with a driving school.

Debra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2010, 01:48 PM   #3
Danielle77

Getting more links to your site needs work, you will need to find people to exchange links with add your site to social bookmark sites e.t.c.... As for the link builder, is the first time I'm hearing about this...

Danielle77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2010, 11:40 PM   #4
AirForce1

Send a message via MSN to AirForce1

Of course, one way backlinks is better than reciprocal links. Google and other search engines would punish your sites if you exchange links with some bad neighbors.

Have a nice day,

AirForce1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2010, 05:10 AM   #5
FBCondos

I've heard that link banner exchange activity before but I didn't had an idea that it was for getting links from other high rank page. Thanks for the very informative posts and I hope to see you again.

FBCondos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2010, 01:25 AM   #6
franky123

One way link building is the best for websites rather than reciprocal link exchange. I am also looking for webmasters who own gambling sites and blogs and media buying.

Thanks
Franky

franky123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2010, 09:16 PM   #7
YellowGorilla

I would say that if your looking for good quality links then you going to have to look for them. The most efficient way I can think of is forums related to your niche. Join the forum and get to know the people and their sites. When you find a quality site, that you believe benefit your visitors, ask the owner for a link exchange. As your site becomes a goto place for information in that niche, smaller sites may be willing to link to your pages without you linking back just for the benefit provided to their visitors.

YellowGorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 05:28 PM   #8
MySmallBiz
VIP Contributor

Default Getting Link From High Rank Pages.

1. Do free link exchanges with other websites.

Do free link exchanges with other web sites that have the same theme as your web site. You can target any keyword phrase you want to improve your rank with. It is very important that you make the title text link you exchange with other web sites the exact keyword phrase you want to target.

What I also like about the free link exchanges is that you can target one web page for many different keyword phrases. So once you get the rank you want for one keyword phrase then you choose another keyword phrase to target and use this new keyword phrase in the title text link that you now exchange with other web sites.

It is also important to try and do all your free link exchanges with web sites that have a high Google Page Rank (PR). Go for link exchanges with sites with a PR3 or higher. Web sites with a higher Page Rank are viewed by Google as being more important and links to your web site from these high PR sites will help you more than doing link exchanges with a site with a PR1 or PR2.

You can download the free Google Toolbar at http://toolbar.google.com/, which will display all the Page Ranks of the web pages you visit.

Also, if you go into the Google directory, http://directory.google.com/, and locate the category of the sites you want to do your free link exchanges with, the web sites will be listed with the highest Page Ranks at the top. Most of the sites near the top of the list will be PR5 or PR6. These are the web sites that you will want to start doing your free link exchanges with.

2. Optimize your webpages for keyword phrases.

Optimize your web pages for keyword phrases. You'll want to target one keyword phrase per web page. If you have great content and have targeted a keyword phrase then eventually Google will index your web page and rank it higher.

You should really use both these options, but of the two I like the free link exchanges best because I can quickly see the progress I'm making.

Do free link exchanges work?

Well, as I stated above, my web site was ranked number 33 for my most important keyword phrase, 'Beanie Babies.'

I then started doing free link exchanges. Prior to that time I only had about 10 link exchanges on my web site with other web sites. Now I have about 100 links and my rank on Google for 'Beanie Babies' is number 5.

MySmallBiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2010, 01:02 PM   #9
WebBizIdeas.com

Send a message via MSN to WebBizIdeas.com Send a message via Skype™ to WebBizIdeas.com

HI,

My best advice for you would be to focus on not trying to build links but trying to build good content, and then get that good content infront of influential people. Here is a good tutorial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_dZdqEX5VA

Also, here is another good article form SEOMOZ:

http://www.seomoz.org/blog/link-building-from-a-to-z

Jeff

Old 7th April 2010, 09:54 AM   #10
joshua99
VIP Contributor

If you want to get one-way links you will have to give something in return.
either you will have to pay for it or you will have to guest blog.