Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > General Issues > Marketplace
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12th February 2010, 01:05 PM   #1
Devon

Default Need Business Ideas

Im looking to invest $100,000 into a new business venture....I have had success at running a few small businesses over a 20 year span but want to pick up the pace....an automobile accident had me disabled for two years and now Im ready to go full time into a proven idea...

I have interests in the Internet but dont fully understand the great potential so any ideas in that arena will need to be explained....I also ran a restoration company and did very well but with the physical demand of that I will not pursue it again....I also have three patents and made great money on two of them....my third is a good one as well but I have a fear of pursuing it because of the risk factor and my last chance to make a good living being a little older and not so physical any more.

Im fairly good at marketing and sales....also love it.

Ask me any questions and I will follow up with them. I will also entertain any ideas with a partnership in a running company.

Devon

Devon is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 14th June 2010, 04:57 PM   #2
squaregolf

Default Ideas

hello Devon

I am a 36 year old man living in wiltshire, i have fantastic ideas coming out of my ears, i unfortunatley do not have the money or the backing to push them further than the planning stage, if you think you could have someone full of energy and ideas

Thank you craig

squaregolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2010, 02:53 AM   #3
BeTheBest
VIP Contributor

Hi Devon!

Quote:
Im looking to invest $100,000 into a new business venture
I know you don't need that much to get started online.

Quote:
I have interests in the Internet but dont fully understand the great potential so any ideas in that arena will need to be explained....
The best method is to sell information. What are you passionate about?? What niche market can you help??

Quote:
Im fairly good at marketing and sales....also love it.
That makes the Internet a no-brainer. The only difference between on and off line is that you're not at your website to greet visitors... so you have to kill them with kindness... show them you're the right guy! It's really not that difficult.

I can tell you that there are no sure fire guarantees. You have to have a hunch. If you're in a market... or there is something that you have a passion for... you could do well online.

Not trying to get too personal, but you say you recovered after an accident. THAT ALONE... could be a great niche market to help people. There is probably a ton of information that can be generated and sold... small eBooks that sell for under $20.00 to start... just saying... it could actually work!

Some of the best info comes from those who went though tuff times and documented or remember all the steps... are you that person?

Hope this helps! Good luck!

BeTheBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2010, 11:39 AM   #4
dsteele

Well you don't need that much to get started online really just find something you are passionate about throw everything you have into it. Give as much information as you can there are only three things you NEED
1. Domain name $11/year or so
2. Hosting $5-$9 a month
3. Auto-responder $20/month

But the thing you need the most is passion and drive in my opinion.

dsteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2010, 12:30 PM   #5
phanio
VIP Contributor

Why not put out a local ad or get out locally and invest in some businesses in your area. That you can really be hands on and might just stumble on something for yourself.

Old 27th October 2010, 05:07 PM   #6
Tulasu

I agree that you wouldn't need to invest all of your available funds if you are experienced at marketing and would like to work from a home office.

Personally, I believe that affiliate marketing would be a good way to get started. It requires much less capital and has a much shorter learning curve than trying to market a product of your own. In fact, many of the biggest internet success stories started out with affiliate marketing while they developed their own products and learned all the ropes in SEO marketing... if that was they way they wanted to go.

The trick is to find a product and company that you can truly get behind. Not some little rinky dink e-book, for example. Look for something that will be around for a long time and has a burgeoning market so that you don't have to keep repeating your efforts over and over because the products and companies you go with lose steam over time.

I started out thinking I would produce my own products at first, too, but when I looked at what was truly involved in internet marketing, and how easy my affiliate marketing business is to run by comparison... I changed my mind.

Tulasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2010, 07:43 PM   #7
Devon

Thanks everyone! some really great replies, What Im going to end up doing is have a contractors tool I designed manufactured....I filed for the patent and Im "patent pending" at this point. I plan on reaching my niche market through a website and attending tradeshows and advertise in trade pubs related to this field. My Niche is large and fairly easy to reach through the internet.....with advertising I should be able to lead them easily to my site.

The product is a couple months away from being manufactured at this point and is sitting on the table as I work out a couple features. What I would like to find is about 10 internet savvy marketers to promote and sell this product. It retails for $429.00 and will be worth every penny! I have a waiting list already, my group of 10 marketers will make roughly $75 per sale(depending on actual manufacturing costs). I have a website guy who is big in the SEO stuff and has done some really nice sites with great Google positions getting ready to start mine.

Anyone have any ideas on how to do the 10 marketing guys/gals? I want to be able to track who did what and make sure I get the sales paid to the correct member and also pay the one who sells the most out of the 10 a bonus ea month. This tool should take off fairly well....the contractors currently have a $5 tool to use, or a $1500 tool to use....the buy both. The problem they have that I solve is the fact they have to spend $1500 to do what they cant do for $5 and NO two ways about it....so most spend the $5 and move on.....alot really want the $1500 benefits and pay for it.....Now they can get an honest fair priced tool to give the best of both worlds.....The $1500 unit offers one thing mine wont but they have the option to pay extra for it if want......and still be cheaper than the $1500

So for 5 bucks they really work hard uncomfortable and unsafe or for $1500 they can have the comfort and simplicity but at a cost of buying features (heavy) they dont need.

Im not going to try and sell you one....lol Im sold and so are 30 others at this point.....I just want market penetration fast because even with a patent I will have competition from over seas. I want to dominate this field with a fair honest product that the Knock-offs will ruin with inferior materials and quality.

Devon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2010, 08:16 PM   #8
Tulasu

It sounds like a very good plan, Devon. The price difference should give you a huge advantage. I wish you well with it!

Tulasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2011, 06:50 AM   #9
dailydsgn

i think business like threadless or quirky maybe perfect for that budget, but i think not that huge

your investment will go to web development and stuff production.

other thing are do overseas business, you setup small ware house and import cheap unique thing by overseas, both above will go off and on line marketing

dailydsgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2011, 11:49 AM   #10
m1522632

Default business idea

I have an idea of an online business which on demand and created additional value to its customers.

This idea to help people develop their communication skills and teach them how to make friends.

The business model doesn’t require significant funding to get the ball rolling. and the concept itself is cool and interesting – I discussed it with many business and regular people and got a very positive feedback.

m1522632 is offline   Reply With Quote