Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Blogs and Blogging
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 26th May 2008, 03:03 AM   #1
juliousfay

Default How Does Blogs Blog?

People says blogging is a great way to market your site or business.
But just do not know how to market my wholesale service .
Thank.

juliousfay is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 26th May 2008, 04:39 AM   #2
2sshoes

Send a message via MSN to 2sshoes Send a message via Yahoo to 2sshoes Send a message via Skype™ to 2sshoes

hi, juliousfay!
I think you are already successful by marketing your site/business here!
Welcome to visit my page

2sshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2008, 10:38 AM   #3
Allectus

Hi Juliousfay,

Blogging is a pretty unique form of marketing on the Internet and is pretty fickle. The eConsumer is looking for specific information where a blog site must speak directly to that person looking for specific information.

What is that information the eConsumer is looking for? Who knows. But what is known is that your blog must hit a home run via the topics or that information seeker may not come back.

Blogs should be short and sweet and must cover the topic rather swiftly. Blog strategy is just like any other business strategy where you may get millions of opinions on how to develop a blog, but never really know which one is best.

The one thing I would recommend is that you not expect big money right out of the shoot. There are a few people out there making big money at their blogs but know that to make the big bucks, you have to blog allot and blog on topics that are relevant.

There are a ton of articles on the topic you should read before venturing into the blogging business. Is blogging a business? It sure is.

Good Luck!

Old 27th May 2008, 03:19 AM   #4
juliousfay

Thanks. I Have read the articles. And great benefit.

juliousfay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2008, 03:21 AM   #5
veronica

Blogging is always a effective tool to market your business online, you get more and more into writing your experiences on your products or about your services/company, your readers come to realize that they can depend on your posts for their own information needs. When you expert on it, more readers visit your site and more bloggers link to your blogs. Nothing is easy is in Online marketing, it requires patience & hard work.

veronica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2008, 08:26 AM   #6
rachael24

I think blogging is a very overlooked way of advertising...and alot of the times it is free!

rachael24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2008, 09:33 AM   #7
Sporkman
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachael24 View Post
I think blogging is a very overlooked way of advertising...and alot of the times it is free!
It's only free if your time has no value.

Sporkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2008, 02:22 PM   #8
viper_one
VIP Contributor

I've meet a guy who created a blog for an upcoming Jewish holiday and created a simple blog that meet the interest of search engine viewers, on the holiday. In short, he managed to get good hits within short period before the date. I guess you could focus on you kewords for the business and create multiple mini-blogs that address every aspect of operations. And mini-blog could then tie back to your main site, but this is only a trial.