Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Affiliate Marketing
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 26th October 2009, 09:42 PM   #31
rosy

Yes kety has very good information about this topic

rosy is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 11th November 2009, 01:36 AM   #32
maahi

Thanks for your views.

maahi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2009, 05:15 PM   #33
kgilmo01

I realize that the original post is quite old but I know that this is a question I hear alot, but the responses I hear and read are often too ambiguous to answer the question with clarity.

99% of the time the ultimate determinant for choosing the right affiliate program for you, really should come down to what interests you, and/or what is your website's content about. If it's about underwater-basket-weaving then find affiliate programs that promote related products and services in that industry.

I don't ever recommend just choosing an affiliate program because it can earn a lot of money for you. Do what you love - in other words help promote, and affiliatize yourself - your site with programs that are relevant to what interests you; to what you love; what it is your passionate about.

Many potential affiliates are often overwhelmed and confused at what affiliate program to be a part of simply because there are so many options, but when you decide what (industry, type of product or service) you'd like to promote beforehand, you prevent yourself from being overwhelmed and waste much less time looking.

So my advice is to make your decision based upon what your passionate about and what interests you. Keep in mind that affiliate programs that can make you a lot of money are often extremely competitive. However if those programs you want to be involved with are inline with what you're interested in, then you'll probably have more knowledge on how to promote the program then many of your competitors because most of them are just doing it because it's popular, so you'll have more advantage over them, and you'll know how to speak to the market more naturally.

I can go on quite a bit about this subject, because it's one that I, myself, am very passionate about. But I won't. No one wants to read a blogs worth of entry here. But I do hope my rant helped someone that has posed this same question.

Feel free to contact me if you have any other thoughts or questions about this subject.

Last edited by kgilmo01; 17th November 2009 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Forgot a thought
kgilmo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2009, 12:59 PM   #34
therawdata

Send a message via AIM to therawdata Send a message via Skype™ to therawdata

Amazon is huge, they do good business, too.

Its all about WHAT kind of traffic and HOW MUCH traffic you are getting.

Make a good decision based on those two things.

therawdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2009, 05:01 AM   #35
Nutty
VIP Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to Nutty

Amazon is huge, yes, however, the problem I have noticed with the Amazon affiliate scheme is that if I do not hide the link to where the product is located then my customers do not click the link, they bypass me, go straight to Amazon, search there and then buy, leaving me with no commission at all.

In the New Year I will be doing more testing with my Amazon affiliate marketing and see if I can up my sales

I use paidonresults.com, cj.com and clickbank.com

I do not do very well with the above LOL, however, it has never been a key focus of mine either, if I put some effort into it then I know I could make the sales more, I am an affiliate of activemobility.com also and this is where I make my money with affiliate marketing, this is because I implemented their products properly (this showed me how I should be doing all the other affiliate products), instead of just having links I spent the time and added their products to my website allowing me to show their products properly which increases my click through rate

Old 26th January 2010, 12:05 AM   #36
elorland

zip submits and email sibmit..
though they pay 1-2 $ / lead but they are easily converted and are easily scalable..u can make 1000$ / day if u hit the right nodes..no 1 gonna give u there profitable campains..

elorland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2010, 04:26 AM   #37
barrettkellen

Why don't you plan for funds to conduct that affiliated programs.If you get the funds you can conduct the program.Since you said it as a good program definitely ,if you plan for it you need not wait for the funds next time they automatically come.

Last edited by barrettkellen; 1st February 2010 at 05:52 AM.
barrettkellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2010, 08:16 AM   #38
mickeyy

The first thing you have to remember about affiliates is Traffic. you can have Awesome affiliated but if no one sees them it does you no good.

with that being said, here are a few of my favorite places to setup affiliates:

Amazon.com - at the bottom of the page you will see Join Assosiates, it allows you to sell anything you can find on amazon and you get a % of that sale.

Google Ads - these are good, but pay very little, use them more as a space filler them a profit generation tool.

CJ.com & ClickBank.com - both good sites for finding affiliate links and you can find some high paying

mickeyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2010, 02:29 AM   #39
leadpile.market

Default Best Affiliate Programs

Here is a list of best affiliate programs that is categorized based on services they handle.
http://www.100best-affiliate-programs.com/
Regards,
Lead Pile

leadpile.market is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2010, 06:58 AM   #40
David Morson

According to my experience, Amazon products are best for marketing as well infolinks is a good site to visit.

David Morson is offline   Reply With Quote