Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > General Search Engine Marketing Information
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 22nd April 2015, 04:36 AM   #1
shuzhi1234

Smile About Using Search Engine To Find Clients.

First of all, I'm chinese. And English is my second language.The product I'm trying to sell is a very specific kind of pigment, It's called Pearlescent pigment. It's used in different fields, costmetics, plastics, car painting, etc... How do I find the clients through search engine, normally I enter " Pearl paint" in google, Is there any better ideas, and a lot of sites dun give out emails , so it's hard to contact with the person who needs this pigment.

Need help

shuzhi1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 23rd April 2015, 10:32 AM   #2
kindsvater

What about searching for companies in the industries you mentioned?

Example: search for cosmetics companies and then review what products they are selling.

Another possibility is to review your competitors websites and see if they list their clients.

kindsvater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2015, 03:52 PM   #3
kdaniel171
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindsvater View Post
What about searching for companies in the industries you mentioned?

Example: search for cosmetics companies and then review what products they are selling.

Another possibility is to review your competitors websites and see if they list their clients.

Yeah, I think it's a great idea about " stealing" competitor's list of the clients.

Maybe you should try networks such as Facebook(create a group) to find and contact customers.

Old 23rd April 2015, 05:10 PM   #4
zlass

The best way I've found to always find ways to market something is by talking to existing clients. Let's say that you're talking to an autobody shop that uses your pigment to match the paint the factory color of a car - how and where do they get their pigments? If you ask them and let them know that you're a pigment supplier, often times they'll tell you why they chose your competitor over you and using the knowledge that you acquire will help you gain an advantage when pitching new autobody shops that want to switch to a new line of pigment.

zlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2015, 02:37 AM   #5
mairajassy

If you are really want to sale your products online then you should have a proper website in you list all the details and price etc and promote your website through SEM or SEO to get leads ...

mairajassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2015, 04:22 AM   #6
Erin Nagata

Yellow and white pages can be a good source, but you can purchase leads from companies who sell your target clients contact.

Erin Nagata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2015, 01:27 PM   #7
Nath

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuzhi1234 View Post
First of all, I'm chinese. And English is my second language.The product I'm trying to sell is a very specific kind of pigment, It's called Pearlescent pigment. It's used in different fields, costmetics, plastics, car painting, etc... How do I find the clients through search engine, normally I enter " Pearl paint" in google, Is there any better ideas, and a lot of sites dun give out emails , so it's hard to contact with the person who needs this pigment.

Need help
Have you tried to search for similar terms? Similar keywords might bring very different results and therefore show you hidden gems.

If you're looking for clients, first define who they really are. Then you can think about where they might hang out. If you know where they hang out, it's easy to approach them.

Maybe a specific blog or blog post? Forum? Is there a Facebook group?

Finding relevant customers doesn't have to be easy as a few search queries. It's ok if it takes time. You might even find that online world doesn't work for your audience.

Last edited by Nath; 11th May 2015 at 01:38 PM.
Nath is offline   Reply With Quote