Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > General Issues > General Small Business Issues
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 14th January 2015, 09:36 AM   #1
matheso

Default What Would Be The Most Effective Way To Approach Businesses?

Hello,

This past year I've realized I have a passion for creating automation tools to help businesses. I've gained a considerable array of skills that allow me to quickly look at inefficiencies in a company's (computer) workflow, and identify areas that can be automated so to save the company/employee considerable time and money over the long-run.

For instance, I helped a small (but very successful) real estate company automate their process of adding new listings to their website. It used to take them 1+ hour, but I got it down to around 7 minutes, at the click of a button.

I truly believe there are tons of small (and large) businesses that are wasting precious time/money doing tedious, repetitive tasks that should be automated instead.

My question:

What would be the most effective way to approach businesses to offer my skills? Should I simply approach the manager of the business with a portfolio of services I can offer?

In my mind, I'll have to do this:

1) Get a business number
2) Create and sign "non-disclosure" agreements that will bind me to confidentiality in case businesses show me "sensitive" data in the course of teaching me their inefficiencies.
3) Go from business to business offering a free one-hour consultation where we sit down together to identify potential areas that could be automated.
4) I propose a cost to implement the solution
5) They accept/reject
6) I complete the project, and get paid, adding them to my portfolio.

I suspect I'll need legal help to construct non-disclosure agreements and the such, but I'm asking for advice of any sort as to how I can make this idea come to life. I love the idea of working with different companies and applying my skills to help a vast array of people.

Please offer any advice or criticism that comes to mind.

Thanks a lot

Mike

matheso is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 13th September 2015, 03:32 AM   #2
nationwidemea

I would like to know more about your automation skills you have implemented in real estate company, did you create any application inside their CRM or used a third party software to integrate the automation process?

nationwidemea is offline   Reply With Quote