Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Generating Revenue, Insurance, Taxes, Etc. > Ecommerce
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 5th September 2004, 05:31 PM   #21
Soapin'Angela

Hi there,
I thought I'd update you on what's been happening with my site. I honestly haven't printed out the advice yet but I still plan on it - Actually I'll do it after I post this. But I did take some of the advice given and have been working on my site.

I've also been working on recruiting consultants to sell my products and now have 15 signed up through my website. Thing is though they all were given Free kits (I think I'm crazy for giving them away but I wanted something to start happening). Anyway, through these ladies and another lady who is considering joining I have sold about $750 worth of product. I know this will definitly not allow me to stay at home full time but it's a start, and now I'm trying to figure out how to do a PPC campaign to get more prospects (they will pay for their kits though -lol) . I'm being coached on how to do this through a forum for moms in business online that tells prompts you with help on your business.

Old 5th September 2004, 06:32 PM   #22
divshow
VIP Contributor

I am so happy for you! Just remember...this is only a start...it will grow from here!

Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help you out.

Old 6th September 2004, 12:29 AM   #23
Soapin'Angela

Thanks Lisa!
I will both of your comments in mind (growing and needing help !
I can't remember if I posted on another thread but I really like how you've updated your website, looks great!

Old 6th September 2004, 09:31 AM   #24
copywriter

Hi Angela,

OWG did a great job of giving direction on your copy overall so I'll address the SEO aspect of copywriting plus give a few observations of my own.

1) As was said previously, you need to decide which keyphrases you're going to target. Once you do, those keyphrases have to be supported not only in your META tags, but also in your copy. It's a bit of a tricky thing to do because you have to follow the sales structure James (OWG) showed you (A.I.D.A.) plus work the necessary information about your products in plus incorporate your keyphrases all without destroying the flow of your copy. Retaining natural language within your copy these days is really important as far as SEO copywriting goes. You don't want it to sound forced or stiff (for your visitor's sake and that of the search engines).

You can see some articles about this topic and others that will be helpful for you at http://www.marketingwords.com/articles.html. (One of my sites.)

SEO copywriting is a delicate balance between giving the visitor what they need and helping the search engines to recognize your site for what it's worth.

2) On the home page, you mentioned:

Quote:
Rainkissed Spa Parties create a Spa atmosphere in the home of the Hostess! Invite your friends, light some candles, sip some wine and relax.
and then you also say

Quote:
I accept payment by Paypal, Cheque or Money Order.
So I was confused. Is this like Tupperware and Pampered Chef where you do parties at home or can someone order online whenever they want? Or both? That needs to be explained further, IMO.

As OWG said, entice me. Make me feel I deserve these things. Don't forget, you're talking to a woman. (Yes... "a" woman... write as though you are speaking to one person.)

3) KNOW YOUR TARGET AUDIENCE. This is something I cannot stress enough. There is no way you can make that vital emotional connection if you have no clue who you're talking to.

Typical woman - overstressed, too much going on, trying to meet everybody's needs (husband, kids, boss, friends, church, etc.). She puts herself last. She focuses on everybody else and every thing else and she never gets what's due her. (Spend $50 on soap and oils and stuff? Please! My son needs new cleets for soccer and my daughter's gymnastics team needs new uniforms. Who has an extra $50 for things like that?)

The typical woman will acknowledge that she needs a break, but she probably won't give herself permission to take one. YOU have to give her permission on your site.

You sell luxury items, Angela, and the average woman loves the thought of them, but she is also too practical to buy them without any justification. Give her the justification she needs.

4) Have your site professionally proofread. There are lots and lots of typos and grammar mistakes on your site that make it look unprofessional. You'll want those to be corrected.

BOY!! Ramble, ramble, ramble. Sorry for taking so much space!

Old 6th September 2004, 10:39 AM   #25
divshow
VIP Contributor

Quote:
I really like how you've updated your website, looks great!
Thanks, Angela! I'm constantly working on it, but it is coming along. Comments like yours gives me a huge boost of confidence and energizes me to go work on it some more!

Old 6th September 2004, 06:33 PM   #26
Soapin'Angela

Karon,
thanks for the advice and don't worry I love it when people ramble. the more information I can get the better.