Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Link Development
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 8th July 2008, 10:02 AM   #1
travelerby

Default Is 3 Way Link Exchange Adds To Increase In PR?

Hi

I have just started a site on discounts and cheap vacation rentals. I get a lot of offers for 3 way link exchange but one of my friend advised against it.
Pls advise and do mention the techniques to get link back from higher PR sites.

travelerby is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 8th July 2008, 01:00 PM   #2
bhartzer
VIP Contributor

I personally would stay away with link exchanges and even 3 way link exchanges. There are other ways to build links to your website than exchanging links.

Also, I'm amazed that people still look at PageRank, that number doesn't really mean anything anymore and it has nothing to do with actual search engine rankings. I turned it off a few years ago and never really look at it anymore.

Old 2nd August 2008, 08:45 PM   #3
TryUsOut

Exchanging links is still useful for targeting the right audience so long as your partners sites caters to the same audience. SEO-wise, they have less benefits.

I'd be more focused on building one-way links or better yet, work on getting organic links. Your content would make organic linking possible. Give other sites a good reason to link to your site organically

TryUsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2008, 12:45 AM   #4
Sesimi

Send a message via Skype™ to Sesimi

link exchanges and 3-way link exchanges, g**gle will figure you out in 2 minutes, forget it. Get one way links, articles, directories, blogs, classifieds etc. yes it takes work, but it will pay off in a big way. Looking at your back links you are already doing this.
Also, think about deep linking it will dramatically help your site overall.
There are 52 other site hosted on your server, I assume you own them all?
If not, move to a dedicated IP address.

Sesimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2008, 01:50 PM   #5
onlinebillb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sesimi View Post
link exchanges and 3-way link exchanges, g**gle will figure you out in 2 minutes, forget it. Get one way links, articles, directories, blogs, classifieds etc. yes it takes work, but it will pay off in a big way. Looking at your back links you are already doing this.
Also, think about deep linking it will dramatically help your site overall.
There are 52 other site hosted on your server, I assume you own them all?
If not, move to a dedicated IP address.
I agree that getting one way links is the way to go by posting articles, comments on blogs, classifieds and submitting to search engines or other site directories. It does take time but if you make it a practice to create these new links about once a week take a few hours and post more comments/blog entries/articles, and it will pay off in a big way within a few weeks/months. It's all about having the patience and waiting, there is no instant gratification when it comes to getting quality back links - wait it out and I'm sure you'll be pleased with the results.

I just recently started a new website 6 or 7 days ago and within 3 days I started getting pages listed in Google. The Google bots also crawl my site daily and it's brand new (Yahoo Slurp! came a few times as well so far). It's all about getting quality back links. Make sure you don't make posts that are spam though, genuinely replying to messages gives you more credibility, while at the same time you're helping others, by providing information they might find useful.

Last edited by onlinebillb; 11th August 2008 at 01:54 PM.
onlinebillb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2008, 06:24 AM   #6
jennie

Smile this way

As for as threeway link exchange is concerned exchange will be done for main site which has low PR by offering partner link on high PR sites/blogs where those are not of any importance to you other than link exchange. That means you are not inserting any partner link on your main site - so where g***le can find it? Thats the advantage.
Disadvantage is for a partner who places link on your other site/blog which may not have relevant theme but only have high PR.

That way three way link exchange is advantageous as long as you are not exposing your links directly.

jennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2008, 12:20 AM   #7
Ancientparkar

It's all about having the patience and waiting, there is no instant gratification when it comes to getting quality back links - wait it out and I'm sure you'll be pleased with the results.

Ancientparkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2008, 07:19 PM   #8
MarkJjezza2

I have to throw a curve ball out there, and say that I have NEVER had any issues with 3 way links. If you cover your footprints, they can be very beneficial.

If you don't know what you're doing stick to getting One way links.
Good luck.

-Mark

MarkJjezza2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2010, 05:07 AM   #9
dorothykinder

3-way link exchanges will not help you in getting links, Its the only genuine customers which are to be linked with and its better to do one way link exchange than 3 way.

dorothykinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2010, 05:21 AM   #10
james159

I would avoid link exchanges entirely. This is an outdated practice. Create relevant one way back links through article marketing and press release marketing. Also i would educate yourself on social media marketing as this is almost always free and highly helpful for any website.

james159 is offline   Reply With Quote