Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Generating Revenue, Insurance, Taxes, Etc. > Small Business Finance
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 4th March 2013, 01:10 AM   #1
williamjames732

Default Small Business Loans..?

Hello,

If Business owners going for small business loans. Which is a better way to get small business loans. Loans from small banks(local banks) or international banks or some organization.

I am looking for the your replies guys.

Thanks

williamjames732 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 6th March 2013, 12:03 AM   #2
nancy123

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamjames732 View Post
Hello,

If Business owners going for small business loans. Which is a better way to get small business loans. Loans from small banks(local banks) or international banks or some organization.

Thanks
It depends on your work experience and your business history, better your work experience and business idea , easier it will be to get the loans. But the banks mostly doubt on the newcomers , so it will be somewhat difficult for them as the banks donít want to take the risk of losing the money.

nancy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2013, 01:34 AM   #3
richardgere

I think Govt. banks or cooperative banks are good option for small enterprises. There have a low interest and guaranteed security facility.

richardgere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2013, 09:31 PM   #4
cjjohnson

I have a friend that wanted to expand his business and he found trying to get a loan through the bank was tough. There was a lot of paperwork involved only to find out in the end that he didn't qualify for much. He found a lender that provides loans to businesses that have grossed at least $100K with no personal guarantee. They also reported the loan to the D&B so it helped build his business's credit for down the road.

Exploring financing options outside of the banks is something you might want to consider.

cjjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2013, 11:01 AM   #5
markrootcarman

Quote:
Hello,

In may opinion you should take loan from a international bank if the budget is low otherwise go to the local banks.

markrootcarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2013, 10:24 PM   #6
panthervision23
VIP Contributor

For banks and loan companies, it's all about your credit history. They want to know if you can really pay them up regularly. This would take a lot of convincing on the part of newcomers; especially in today's economy.

panthervision23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2013, 07:02 AM   #7
dianne

Are you only looking to secure finance from a bank? They will both be looking at your business plan, credit history and your businesses abilitiy to generate revenue. You might want to look at other business finance options if you haven't done so already. Bank loans can be difficult to secure, particularly in the current climate.

dianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2013, 09:01 AM   #8
Funding Zone

Banks require a lot of paperwork, nearly perfect credit and for you to be able to put up some money. It usually takes a month for them to Approve or Decline your application (banks have high decline rate) Even if you do get approved for the working capital now you have to wait a few months to even get the money in your account.

International Banks.... hmmm very skeptical because they're are more scammers than real lenders. I've tried international loan but almost got ripped off for $18,000 of my own money, luckily I have a friend that helped me.

I hope that helped you.

Funding Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2013, 07:43 AM   #9
phanio
VIP Contributor

Unless you really don't need a business loan but WANT one as not to use your own money - then a bank business loan will not work for you - you won't get approved. Banks want to see cash flow (lots of it over a long period), tons of collateral (that is easily salable) and a loan application that does not require them to think about it very hard. If you can provide that, then go to any bank. If you can't, look for the many, and I mean many, alternative ways you can fund your small business until it get big enough to hit the radar screens of those banks.

Old 3rd May 2013, 10:56 AM   #10
markrootcarman

Smile

Quote:
Hello,

Thanks
If you have good guarantee of someone or your documents are completed as required by international banks then you should have to go with international banks otherwise local banks are good for it.

markrootcarman is offline   Reply With Quote