Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Link Development
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 19th November 2007, 03:13 PM   #1
ciarac

Default Article Directory List...my Favorites.

Hi to all,

This is only my second post so before I ask for help, I thought I'd offer some.

Here is a list of all the article directories which I use, and a little bit about each one.
I created this list for my website visitors because there are so many article directories out there, so many people just don't know who to submit to, and probably end up wasting their time registering and submitting to directories which aren't high trafficked or well run.

So, here's my article.

Writing and submitting articles to article directories is one of the most efficient ways to increase traffic.
(To read more about this, click the following link: "The Power of Article Submission".)

There are literally hundreds, if not more, article directories lingering out there in the big, wide open net.
We canít submit our articles to all of them, nor should we because really, our time is better spent writing and submitting articles to successful sites with high traffic.
You will gain more traffic by submitting 10 articles to 5 top article submission directories than submitting 1 article to 100 article directories.

So, it is wise to choose a handful of article directories and stick with them.
As you stumble across other great directories, you can use them too, but starting out, just select a few.

How do you select them though?
Thatís quite simple; follow someone who has gone before, for example, me!
Here I will review all of the directories which I, personally, use.

Reviews: Article Directory

EzineArticles.com
The favorite has got to be EzineArticles.com.
EzineArticles, at the time of writing, has a pagerank of 6, is easy to use and draws in a steady flow of traffic.
You can include live links within the article body, not just the resource section, providing the links are not within the first three paragraphs.
With EzineArticles, once you submit at least 10 articles, you become a Ďplatinumí level author which, aside from the perceived superior status, means that your articles get reviewed quicker.
The site also provides very decent statistics of each article.

GoArticles.com
GoArticles.com has a pagerank of 3, yet I like to use this directory because of its ease of use.
With GoArticles, you may include links within the article body.

ArticleAlley.com
ArticleAlley has a pagerank of 5.
It is a reasonable site to use. Modifying articles takes approximately twice as long to do as should be necessary.
What I donít like about ArticleAlley is the fact that they attach a standard ĎAbout the Authorí section to each article.
This means that you have each article linking to one page, probably your homepage.
More desirable would be to be able to link each article to a related article on your website.

ArticlesFactory.com
ArticleFactory.com has a petite pagerank of 3, but in my opinion, it is a joy to use.
Submitting articles is very easy as they supply usage of a toolbar which makes adding live links and html formatting to your article very easy.
With ArticlesFactory, you can also use cute little article counters to track readers of your article.
Alas, to do so, you must add a html code to each article so it is not exactly a time-saving option.

ArticleBlast.com
ArticleBlast.com has a pagerank of 4.
It is a rather busy site, aesthetically speaking, and the author login area is tucked away a little bit too well on the left hand side of the page.
To see the page views of each article you actually have to go TO the article, i.e. there is not an article stats section.
There are options to add photographs and also, you may include live links within the article body.

A1Articles.com
A1Articles.com has a pagerank of 4.
It is a nice, clean site which is easily navigated.
The layout is just like ArticleAlley; I suspect they are run by the same team. A1Articles, like ArticleAlley, certainly has its annoyances.
It takes too long to modify an article and has a standard ĎAbout the Authorí box which is attached to each article.

ArticleDashboard.com
ArticleDashboard, smugly, has a pagerank of 6.
It is a fresh and open site which is a pleasure to navigate.
ArticleDashboard has a forum in which you can learn new ideas about article marketing and, if you are new to it, get some great guidance.
Thereís a great article statistics area also, where you can if you articles are rating well but you CANNOT include live links within the article body.

ArticleCity.com
ArticleCity.com also has an excellent pagerank of 6.
What is rather nice about ArticleCity is that you can submit an article without first registering an account.
When starting out with article marketing, opening all those accounts, waiting for the conformation email and all those tedious necessities can be very annoying, so to come across a site for which you donít need to register and receive a password, is a relief.
You also get the option of submitting articles in bulk which can save time if you have a lot to submit in one go.
What is NOT good about this system is that you cannot then find your articles again if you should need to edit them.

ArticleBiz.com
Same story again with ArticleBiz.
High pagerank of 6, no need to register first but then, finding and modifying your articles again is an impossibility.
It is worth submitting your articles here all the same, as the site is well respected, well ranked and well trafficked.

ciarac is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 20th November 2007, 08:14 AM   #2
Wilks_eye
VIP Contributor

Wow thank you ciarac. i myself am doing some article submissions for the moment and I had the problem of where to go once I felt I was a bit saturated on EzineArticles.

Thank you for sharing your insights to us. I'll definitely be using your post as reference!

Wilks_eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2007, 07:57 AM   #3
ciarac

No problem!
Glad you found it useful!

ciarac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2007, 11:12 PM   #4
natetarsha

Wow,

That's an awesome review. It's important that we all find a way to make our web presence known.

Thank's for sharing those various marketing article sites and giving insight on the pros and cons of each.

natetarsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2007, 01:44 AM   #5
Debra

Search Engine Guide Blogger

ciarac - do you have any tips on how to avoid duplicate content issues?

Debra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2008, 12:07 AM   #6
Baselux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debra View Post
ciarac - do you have any tips on how to avoid duplicate content issues?
You can avoid duplicate content by creating unique contents. As long as your sure that you created the article you won't have a problem with duplicate content.

Baselux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2008, 12:23 AM   #7
Debra

Search Engine Guide Blogger

Quote:
You can avoid duplicate content by creating unique contents. As long as your sure that you created the article you won't have a problem with duplicate content.
The original post recommended using multiple article directories to submit your content to. As in same article to each directory. If you have to write different articles to each one that's going to be extremely time consuming both from a creation and submission standpoint.

Which is why I asked how to get around the duplicate content issue.

Debra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2008, 08:00 PM   #8
copywriter

Debra,

Sorry to come in late on this one. Here's what I've noticed. Articles don't seem to hit the same filters as other types of website content. If you type in the title of any article that's been submitted all around the 'Net, you'll find it popping up on tons of sites... all of which are showing in the SERPs. I have never seen a case where an article that was submitted to dozens of websites only appeared on one.

I don't know if it's the format (by line, bio section at end, etc.) or what, but none of the many duplicate content filters seem to get triggered with articles.

I, personally, never bother to create different versions of articles for me or my clients and I've never once had an article not indexed by numerous sites as a consequence.

For example, type in "how to write little tiny adwords ads that bring giant-sized profits" and you'll see what I mean. Right now Google reports 298 sites where this article is listed. I've found similar results for all my articles and my clients' articles.

PS - Been doing a little searching and found the following.

An overview of Matt Cutts comments at SES on duplicate content.

"A lot of people ask about needing to split articles into parts and [also about creating] printable versions. Do not worry about Google penalizing for this."

http://www.seroundtable.com/archives/003398.html

Old 15th February 2008, 04:22 PM   #9
IworkFromHOME

I agree with copywriter. I don't think there would be any penalty related to duplicate content on articles. article are syndicated so why should it be penalized. the more articles you have on the net just show how good you are.

IworkFromHOME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2008, 11:30 PM   #10
cbass1017

I just wanted to say that I really learned and will benifit from this post. I am new to the internet biz and I had only posted one article that I was trying to submit everywhere I could. It is good to know now before I waste any more of my time that I need to start writing more articles. Thanks!

cbass1017 is offline   Reply With Quote