Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Social Media
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 14th May 2014, 11:15 PM   #1
AngelBiz
VIP Contributor

Default Why Social Media Marketing Is A Must For Small Businesses

Social media marketing is an essential part of the current business culture. Every business that takes marketing seriously has to use social media accounts to create better marketing opportunities. Social media can affect how customers view your brand, and it is wise to learn how to make that happen.

Personalization
Social media helps to personalize customer experience. Many customers enjoy interacting with a business over social media as opposed to making a phone call. Most of the time, customers can have a free-flowing conversation with a business on social media. When customers have to call a business, the inconvenience makes the conversation less enjoyable.

Read more - http://www.smallbizviewpoints.com/20...ll-businesses/

AngelBiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 15th May 2014, 05:34 AM   #2
lessbrokerage

Smile

Most of the Business People and Youngster have Account in Social Media Websites Like Facebook, twitter, Linkedin, MySpace ect. So Just Market Your Product in Social Media Sites.

Old 15th May 2014, 09:34 AM   #3
AngelBiz
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessbrokerage View Post
Most of the Business People and Youngster have Account in Social Media Websites Like Facebook, twitter, Linkedin, MySpace ect. So Just Market Your Product in Social Media Sites.
Exactly. This is where more and more people are spending their time.

AngelBiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2014, 06:14 AM   #4
spy software

It is most widely used platform by the users specially youths. So if you want to reach among masses it plays a vital role.

spy software is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2014, 07:12 AM   #5
gaylerichardson

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessbrokerage View Post

Yes you are right for this marketing is almost that social media on depend.

gaylerichardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2014, 04:35 AM   #6
theropes101

For small businesses, the use of Facebook is a must since it is considered as one of the easiest ways to reach the target audience. Also, it is a cost-effective means of delivering business message =)

theropes101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2014, 06:25 AM   #7
v.conway92

Agree with all of the above - social media is particularly useful for small businesses because of its accessible and cost-effective nature. A FB page is very good for businesses wanting to attract local custom; the easiest way of increasing the number of likes to a page like this is to ask your family and friends to like and share your page and before you know it, their friends will start looking at your profile and maybe even subscribe.

v.conway92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2014, 07:29 PM   #8
chrismarklee
VIP Contributor

I like targeting my local customers on my Facebook Business Page.
Once you figure out how to do it, it is great. I am growing very fast on the numbers I am contacting by sharing relevant content. Actually, I spend less time doing this than SEO. I think Facebook will generate me more customers. Remember people are on Facebook to play

Old 2nd June 2014, 11:24 PM   #9
DFWattorney

That last sentence is really important: people are on FB to play. That's very opposing from the idea that people want to see business content on FB. One of the things that keeps driving people off FB is the increasing amount of ads and business marketing. It's not hard to get people to like your business page but that doesn't mean they are paying attention to your content on their wall, especially if you are spamming them.

DFWattorney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2014, 11:50 PM   #10
chrismarklee
VIP Contributor

You are brilliant. I rarely share business content to my local clients . I use my Facebook business page to sent stuff like crafts for kids, recipes, etc. My account information is at the top has my business name etc. I only get praise from people. My Facebook is growing fast in new friends and contacts