Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Copywriting
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10th September 2010, 09:44 AM   #1
acwebguru
VIP Contributor

Default Is The Market Of Content Writing Slowing Down?

Sorry for this post and I am not whether this is the perfect place to voice my concern but what has driven me post this thread is that I am not getting the business that I used to get just couple of months ago. I am getting a bit nervous and I would like to know whether you are all facing the same issue or not.

acwebguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 14th September 2010, 11:40 AM   #2
SanWay
VIP Contributor

What is your business exactly? Are you a content writer? What happened to your employers?

SanWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2010, 01:53 AM   #3
naturalbeauty

I think the main problem is that there's a lot of competitors in the market who offer cheap prices.

Old 30th September 2010, 01:01 AM   #4
acwebguru
VIP Contributor

Yes, I am a content writer and I can assure you that I am not terrified at the thought of an increasing number of competitors. The fact is that people are no longer giving this form of art the importance. It is almost dying.

Old 30th September 2010, 08:36 AM   #5
copywriter

No, it's not dying. In fact, copywriting and content writing is growing

Getting clients these days is all about proof of performance. Yes, people will always try the low-priced copywriters in hopes that they will deliver. They rarely do. When clients see that these writers aren't capable of turning things around for them and bringing in more sales/conversions, they go in search of those of us who can.

If you're *not* one of the cheap copywriters, you'll want to focus on quality and solid proof that your copywriting delivers what the client is looking for.

This means getting your clients to track results so you have measurable numbers to show potential customers.

There will always be companies who will opt to work with those who offer the lowest bid, but the majority don't want to waste money on a low-priced writer that can't improve their situation. It just doesn't make good business sense.

Old 30th October 2010, 07:45 AM   #6
acwebguru
VIP Contributor

Thanks for those inspiring words. Your words really made my morning.

Old 9th December 2010, 04:47 AM   #7
Timothy Scotch

Hello there, this is my first post, so please don't hurt me

The biggest problem with any creative work (copywriting, web design, graphics design, programming, etc) is that it is so ambiguous in terms of time frames and costs.

The hardest part of being a programmer is that it's impossible to tell people how good you are. Your client has no idea how to program and its really difficult to quantify.

With web design and copywriting there is an answer however. Things can be quantified using google analytics (or alternative). You can actually show measurable return.

The hard part is starting out and getting to the stage where you have documented provable return on investment. The only way is hard work.

If you are good at what you do, if you can show Return on Investment, you can charge more than the next guy who can't do that, plus get the job over them.

I guess what I am trying to say is that....the market for good copywriters will never dry up

Timothy Scotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2010, 01:53 AM   #8
daveb1
VIP Contributor

I dont know. But i still see lots of jobs posting on websites like odesk, elance and guru. It wont go for the short-term as SEO is still in the heat

daveb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2014, 06:18 PM   #9
Elmira Nancy

I don't think its slowing down, but see lot of competitions for cheap $$$

Old 27th March 2014, 07:58 PM   #10
SoftDev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmira Nancy View Post
I don't think its slowing down, but see lot of competitions for cheap $$$
Exactly, I was going to say this. IMO, It is because of Fiverr and other similar sites.