Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Link Development
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 5th June 2014, 09:42 AM   #11
v.conway92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampers View Post
I found a good way to generate traffic is to interview industry experts over the phone and post the article in the blog section of your website. The interviewee gets a buzz and shares it as well as you site being seen as an authority.
What a fantastic idea!

I think it's important to remember that just because guest blogging is not beneficial from a purely SEO-driven perspective, does not mean that there aren't other possible benefits, such as brand exposure, awareness and increased referral traffic.

v.conway92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 5th June 2014, 12:15 PM   #12
Mark Bates LS

I've just recently started exploring the "reverse engineering" idea, it has been producing some solid results so far.

Mark Bates LS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2014, 07:47 AM   #13
commsxchange

Thanks for the interview idea, will definitely be using that. Just booked a client next week who has agreed to it.

commsxchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2014, 04:34 PM   #14
hulian

Send a message via ICQ to hulian Send a message via Skype™ to hulian
Default Hand submit your backlinks

For the year 2014, you should build mind blowing content by hand, and spread it to every bookmarking website, forums that are relevant to your content, and if you're an expert help people out that have problems that you can solve, make this year all about engaging people. Being engaging will make your links go viral.

hulian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2014, 03:42 AM   #15
websiteteacher

How about adding a website to directories? How many directories should I add my site to? I think a quality is much more important than quantity, am I right?

websiteteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2014, 04:08 PM   #16
Hyper

Default Link building task

Link building is an ongoing task and I tried 3 of 5 listed in your post. The only think im not familiar at all is Link Baiting?! Is there one kind member of this forum who could explain me this way of link building a bit more in details? Or get me links where I could read more about? Thanks in advance

Old 7th July 2014, 02:53 PM   #17
foob

Guest blogging is not dead (don't listen to Matt). The most effective wayt o gain links these days is private blog networks (or PBNs) and i bet that's what Google is trying to chase down, rather than guest blogging. Buying a link in a PBM is a short-term strategy however.. as the PBN gets more links (to pay for itself) it gets easier and easier for google to detect the link neighborhood and crack it. Therefore, the only safe and effective way is to build your own PBN, however, you would need to run a few money sites to make up for the costs.

foob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2014, 12:23 AM   #18
CJ00978

Lot of great ideas on here. Hampers that is a pretty good idea as most people like to brag about themselves.

Old 4th August 2014, 02:45 AM   #19
awesomecatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Bates LS View Post
I've just recently started exploring the "reverse engineering" idea, it has been producing some solid results so far.
that's good really good to know
I've just started some work on this for my website. Hopefully I will get some results as well.

awesomecatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2014, 03:40 AM   #20
macgren

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeBizsmart View Post
Article:

Anyone who has ever tried to market a website will acknowledge how challenging it can be to obtain quality links for their website. Long gone are the days you would see results after building dozens of links through social bookmarking sites, directory submissions and other low quality sites with little editorial standard.

However, this is not to say itís a tasking endeavour to build credible backlinks. Some like guest blogging have become irrelevant and are long dead as recently announced by Google webspam czar Matt Cutts. So, what credible techniques can you employ this 2014? Here are 5 ways, and you can also add ones that are working for you.
I have read the above mentioned post which focuses on niche directories importance but as far as I have experienced, it is not easy to find a free reputed niche directory. It is possible to get paid niche directories but free directories, I donít think so.

macgren is offline   Reply With Quote