Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Social Media
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 17th May 2014, 08:07 AM   #1
smithrds

Default Increase Twitter Follwers

How to increase twitter followers....and how to use twitter for send message.........

smithrds is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 20th May 2014, 12:38 PM   #2
Jen 100

To increase Twitter followers make sure you have links to your twitter account on your website so customers can easily find it. Let your followers on other social media networks know that you're on Twitter and link there.

Next, you need to be social on Twitter.
  • Tweet out not only your content but retweet other people's as well.
  • Reply and comment on what others have Tweeted.
  • Follow several new people on Twitter each week. Some will follow you back simply because you started following them.
  • Be sure to always share useful things that are relevant to your industry.
  • Tweet at different times of the day so you hit different audiences.
  • Use hashtags to highlight keywords so that others can find you in searches. However, don't over-use the hashtag, just a couple in each tweet is sufficient.

Old 22nd May 2014, 07:43 PM   #3
SoftDev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen 100 View Post
To increase Twitter followers make sure you have links to your twitter account on your website so customers can easily find it. Let your followers on other social media networks know that you're on Twitter and link there.

Next, you need to be social on Twitter.
  • Tweet out not only your content but retweet other people's as well.
  • Reply and comment on what others have Tweeted.
  • Follow several new people on Twitter each week. Some will follow you back simply because you started following them.
  • Be sure to always share useful things that are relevant to your industry.
  • Tweet at different times of the day so you hit different audiences.
  • Use hashtags to highlight keywords so that others can find you in searches. However, don't over-use the hashtag, just a couple in each tweet is sufficient.
Covered every follower's increasing fact nicely.

Old 23rd May 2014, 02:17 AM   #4
theropes101

Smile

Hi there,

Well to increase Twitter Followers:
  • You donít need to follow back every person who follows you if you donít think he or she will add to your Twitter feed. The accounts you follow, and those who follow you, change over time and thatís okay.
  • weet about your passions in life and #hash tag them. Quality content coupled with an easy way to find it never fails. If others enjoy your content, theyíll add you.
  • Bring your twitter account into the physical world. Every time I give a talk, speak on a panel, shoot a podcast, present slides, or hand out business cards, I figure out a way to broadcast or display my twitter account.

Hope this also helps:

Thanks. =)

theropes101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2014, 03:13 AM   #5
mindstreak
VIP Contributor

Make sure the tweets which are sent are regarding the trending news.Also the tweets should be related with the hash tags so that it can reach a wide audience.Also getting natural followers would take sometime to occur.

Old 26th May 2014, 06:07 AM   #6
jannatul18
VIP Contributor

Lots of technique applied, among all I guess natural technique is the best one.

jannatul18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2014, 12:12 PM   #7
DFWattorney

Some of this stuff can be really industry specific. For example, my internet traffic as a whole is 90% during the week with very low traffic on the weekends. It wouldn't make sense for me to try to build twitter followings on the weekends like the infographic suggests.

DFWattorney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2014, 08:53 AM   #8
v.conway92

I think the most important thing when gaining followers, is to have exciting conversations with influential twitter users. Say things that stimulate conversation, post articles that further the debate and let people know that you are an authority in your chosen field. You have to make your tweets interesting, sounds obvious I know, but people really don't want their feeds clogged up with irrelevant, spammy content.

v.conway92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2014, 03:16 PM   #9
Mooviemakers

I follow a few people every day I think might be interested in my business. A good way to find poeple is find similar businesses to you and follow the people who follow them, a lot of them will start following you back. Every so often I use http://manageflitter.com/ to get rid of the ones that don't. Tweet with images, links and videos get more retweets than just text. Use hashtags. #bizitalk is a good one in the UK, they'll retweet your tweet if its useful and they've got a few hundred thousand followers. Make sure your tweets are interesting.

Stay away from marketing speak, capital letters, unnecessary exclamation marks as these put people off. Tweets with urls that have been shortened get more clicks too. Make it sound like its a human being speaking not a robot. Tweet a few times a day but spread it out, don't do 10 in 10 minutes or you'll just be spamming peoples feeds.

That's pretty much it. I've got a few thousand followers in a few months with pretty minimal effort doing the stuff above, and they're all real accounts from businesses and people who are interested in my niche. Hope its helpful :-)

Mooviemakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2014, 02:31 AM   #10
gaylerichardson

Quote:
Originally Posted by theropes101 View Post
Hi there,

Well to increase Twitter Followers:
  • You donít need to follow back every person who follows you if you donít think he or she will add to your Twitter feed. The accounts you follow, and those who follow you, change over time and thatís okay.
  • weet about your passions in life and #hash tag them. Quality content coupled with an easy way to find it never fails. If others enjoy your content, theyíll add you.
  • Bring your twitter account into the physical world. Every time I give a talk, speak on a panel, shoot a podcast, present slides, or hand out business cards, I figure out a way to broadcast or display my twitter account.

Hope this also helps:

Thanks. =)

Thanks for this solution, and sharing this images also very help of me or others also its very easy to identify.

gaylerichardson is offline   Reply With Quote