Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Generating Revenue, Insurance, Taxes, Etc. > Small Business Finance
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 27th February 2013, 11:30 PM   #1
zharlene

Default Is It Possible To Find A Genuine Investor Online?

I started freelancing almost 2 years ago. I want to turn this into something bigger. That means more expenses but potentially more profit. I need start-up capital, so I am in the process of considering obtaining this from an investor. How possible is it to find such investor online?

There are lots of forum communities that offer sections for people to find investors. There seem to be a large quantity of requests but almost zero responses from potential investors.

zharlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 18th March 2013, 01:47 PM   #2
AlexB1

I think your experience is pretty common. There are a few options out there for startups to connect with angel investors (for example AngelList), but even there you need to do a lot of groundwork to meet those investors and not just expect that posting on the site will get you a lot of exposure. The world is a little different when talking about debt as opposed to equity, but you should still be prepared to do some work on your own.

Old 18th March 2013, 03:42 PM   #3
voyska

Build it and they will come. If you can't bootstrap and build a name for yourself, what's to say a stranger is going to invest their hard made money into your dream. Build an extremely profitable business and investors will flock to the opportunity in make their money.

Here are a handful of great videos with investors talking about funding. This site covers so much more. I highly recommend watching (or listening) to as many of these as you can.

ThisWeekIn

Old 18th March 2013, 05:53 PM   #4
KendallScapes

online investors are hard to find and often if it is legit than they are almost on a shark return percentage.. Pound the pavement and find a local investor, they are out there!

KendallScapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2013, 11:53 AM   #5
markrootcarman

Yes you can find a Genuine Investor Online but for that you have to do complete analysis of the site and do proper searching of the website.

markrootcarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2013, 07:59 AM   #6
broudie

The SBA has tons of money floating around. Go to your local bank and apply for a business loan or a business line of credit.

I applied for one last week. My banker is telling me there will be no problem in securing a $100K line of credit with minimal documentation requirements.