Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 26th July 2012, 05:33 AM   #1
ecapsnet

Send a message via Skype™ to ecapsnet

Lightbulb Common SEO Mistakes

Are you into SEO, This is a check list for SEO campaigns.

# SEO - Along Process: If your client is asking you to get the website rank within a month, just deny for the campaign. It won't work, SEO takes time. SEO is an conitious process to keep the website alive.

# Content Creation: You know, Content is king for search engine, build orininal and quality contents. The contents should be useful, informative and according to a real user experience. Don't copy and recreate the content.

# Slow Link Building: Don't build 100 links in single day. Divide the campaign in equal time. Search engines can't crawl you website on everyday basis.

# Your own Website: First do SEO of your own website, if you are new in the SEO business. Do proper research about keywords and use them in meta tags.

# Backlink Neighborhood: Avoid building links from the sites, which are neglected by a common users. SEO works when the website gets backlinks from website related website, Like, if the website is of Restaurant, then prefer to build links from food and restaurant related blogs/forums/ websites.

# Link Exchange: Now a days, exchanging links are not preferred for SEOs, as outbound link count should be minimum. I never exchanged the links with any webmaster, and even now everyday, I receive at least 4 - 5 proposals for link swapping.

# Competitive Keywords: First need to target odd and less competitive keywords to achieve the ranking, as targeting TOP keywords will be a long term goal.

# Long Tail Keywords: As compared to "Social Media Marketing", the keyword "Social Media marketing Company in India" will have less competition and attract less searches in a period of month, but you can differentiate with the leads.

Thank you for reading this post

ecapsnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 26th July 2012, 05:50 AM   #2
selvam.seo

Yes, SEO is a ongoing process and it is not a magic.

But many clients not know that and they need to rank their site in a month without any requirements for the sites. This is too hard for the SEO professional to work on these kind of projects.

selvam.seo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2012, 05:21 PM   #3
australianfran

This is really a great information on SEO. Thanks for sharing and keep on updating the good work.

australianfran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2012, 07:43 PM   #4
SashaMike

Your information is valuable. A SEO should consider all these things to hit the success. It is not done in just blink of an eye, it takes time to achieve the target. Thank you for enhancing our knowledge. Hope to learn more things from your side

SashaMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2012, 02:51 PM   #5
donovanjames786
VIP Contributor

Well it may be kind of co-incidence but I have also seen many examples of this.

Old 15th August 2012, 03:18 PM   #6
ecapsnet

Default Common SEO Mistakes

Thanks to all for positive comments,

Hey donovanjames, what kind of examples?

Old 16th August 2012, 03:18 AM   #7
accurate.cygnet

ecapsnet- thanks for sharing the information.

I got attach to one of your points strongly- if you are new to SEO, start with your own website.

Indeed, its the best practice for any SEO consultant(not only for newbies, but also for experienced professionals), because it the place where you can perform experiments and if successful can be implemented on client's website.

I also started my SEO career with my own blog, creating content and optimizing it for Google. And, i must say, i am way ahead from other SEO consultants.

Once again thank you, for reminding me my old days.

Cheers!

Last edited by accurate.cygnet; 16th August 2012 at 03:21 AM.
accurate.cygnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2012, 03:32 PM   #8
dgloves

Nice overview. I'd add search engine friendly URL's under SEO for your own website.

Old 30th August 2012, 12:16 AM   #9
DavisJoseph

@ecapsnet: I think you have better knowledge on SEO.

Quote:
Please reply my query
Website PR is directly proportional to ranking in the SERPs?

DavisJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2012, 02:49 AM   #10
ecapsnet

Default Website PR is directly proportional to ranking in the SERPs?

This is very important topic of SEO, people have different approach and thoughts that Page Rank affects the SERP.

PageRank : PageRank [PR] is is the grade [Ranking 1 -10] of web page gets from Google. Technically, it is used to categorize the website pages which reflects the popularity, quality SEO work done for the page and popularity over the internet. Valuation of PageRank is all about quality content & backlinks pointing to a certain website page. Google evaluates the backlinks and removes the back links like and uses for computation of a website's PageRank.

Domain Age doesn't play any role, if the domain doesn't have any quality backlink.

SERP: Search Engine Results Page is the position of your website pages in search engine results based on a certain keyword query, calculated by the quality backlinks and meta data. Having a listing in the Search Engine Results Page will increase the chances of being visited by Internet users because people seldom go the next page of search results.

SERP), is the listing of web pages returned by a search engine in response to a keyword query.

PageRank really affects your Rank in SERP:

Google Corporate Technology Overview says "PageRank reflects our view of the importance of web pages by considering more than 500 million variables and 2 billion terms. Pages that we believe are important pages receive a higher PageRank and are more likely to appear at the top of the search results."

The above statement says if you will improve the PageRank, you are increasing the chances for visibility of your web pages in SREPs. Clearly, GoogleInc decides which website page will be listed in SERP but having a low PR does not always mean a website's status in SERP will lessen or drop or vice versa.