Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Blogs and Blogging
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 5th February 2014, 10:07 AM   #11
BrandVox

Default Google Alerts

I set up several Google Alerts with keywords related to my topic. This way, the blogs come to me rather than spending time searching. You can set alerts to email you a digest as they happen, daily, or once a week.

I also use Stumble Upon for finding good blogs/resources.

BrandVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 19th February 2014, 06:52 AM   #12
patriciakramer
VIP Contributor

hiii,
You can write keywords and go advanced setting type worpress.com or blogspot.commany more sites are on list are available so try this its easy too find all type of blogs.

patriciakramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2014, 02:51 PM   #13
sb1 design

Send a message via Skype™ to sb1 design

A really simple way is to put: "top 'insert type here' blogs" into Google.

For instance, a 'top pet blogs' search gives you a huge list of sites that have done all the hard work for you.

When you do this kind of search, http://www.blogmetrics.org/ comes up a lot - so maybe head there too.

sb1 design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2014, 08:00 AM   #14
RosieGlover
VIP Contributor

There are several ways which can help you to search niche blogs. I would like to share some of the methods, which I prefer other than google advance search.

"Keyword" + "Post Comment" + "Allowed tags: <a> link, <b> bold, <i> italics"

Even you can search in typepad blogs

RosieGlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2014, 03:15 PM   #15
danstelter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen 100 View Post
I typically use http://www.google.com/blogsearch. You're right it does take time. Another option, if you're looking for places to guest post is to use a service such as myblogguest.com.
I've never used it, but Google blogsearch is a good idea. Avoid sites like MyBlogGuest.com because Google recently manually penalized very many different websites that were a part of that network. Plus, many of the blogs there aren't the type you want links from anyway. Google has said publicly it will ruin the rankings of the low-quality websites that hang out on these networks.

They have such low authority anyway that you're better off writing one high quality blog article for a big-name website than you are getting 10-20 of these little ones.

The best thing to do is Google blogsearch or to manually search in Google. Yes, it takes time. But, Google's new algorithm forces you to do that because they want the web to be filled with quality content.

Remember, if they haven't slaughtered the rankings of easy-to-find and post on blogs now, they will in the future.

danstelter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2014, 07:49 AM   #16
AvniShergill

You can use the tool "http://dropmylink.com/" to search your niche blogs. But it is always better to find blogs from a Google search as it will give you an updated list.

AvniShergill is offline   Reply With Quote